Thread: iPhone 11 Pro

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    It's not this phone that is so interesting y'all. It's what it points to.

Computational photography and videography... things are going to get wild.

Here's a few interesting things we've seen just in the last few DAYS:

- Sony includes gyro metadata for superior post stabilization right inside new camera
    - iPhone records two videos from two separate lenses automatically
    - Apple Deep Fusion does some trickery via machine learning and multiple exposures to deeply enhance regular photos

Add to that everything else we've seen more recently - faked bokeh with adjustable DOF, night mode producing insane lowlight still shots from tiny sensors and lenses, AI object detection which is increasingly becoming a "live" feature, robust on device editing...

And things just on the horizon already announced or implied - sensor level electronic vnd (via pixel dimming), 3D depth perception and calculation, lots more

And existing tech that becomes miniaturized and more efficient - 32-bit float point audio recording as standard, super quick and easy to process as computers and storage advances; internal RAW in formats increasingly easy to work with; total conversion LUTs and tools like Cinematch, deep fakes and morph cuts, etc.

Everything we know is about to change. It already is. The next 15 years will make the last 15 look stagnant.
    I can only imagine how good cinema cameras could be if they had A13 class chips running them.

2. Collapse Details

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    Glad to see it!

The iPhone X series camera felt like beta testing on the customer. The video features and camera were a little funked up. The 11 looks better.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    Glad to see it!

The iPhone X series camera felt like beta testing on the customer. The video features and camera were a little funked up. The 11 looks better.
    I have the X and 11Pro. I never felt like the X was anything but a solid, finished product with a very good camera* for when it was made, including up to last Friday before I got my 11Pro, Lol ; ) . The 11Pro is better in pretty much every regard(i.e: stills, video, battery life, speed, even the screen-and the X has an excellent screen), but the X is still fine. Now, iOS 13 that shipped on the new phones, THAT was beta testing. And they knew it was buggy and flakey before it released. That's why we received 13.1 on Tuesday instead of next week.

*In the realm of cell phone cameras

5. Collapse Details
    Loving my 11 pro. First iPhone I ever got on launch day. My fiance has had to wait 2 weeks for his lol.
    Mike Krumlauf
    JSAV A/V Technician
    Denver Tech Center

GEAR
    Apple Mac Pro 8 Core 2008 W/ AJA Kona 3 Dual-Link 4:4:4 Capture Card
    Apple Macbook Pro 15-inch 2007
    Final Cut Studio 3

6. Collapse Details
    When will we start to see fully rigged i-phones with caves, cheese plates and matte boxes?

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    I have the X and 11Pro. I never felt like the X was anything but a solid, finished product with a very good camera* for when it was made, including up to last Friday before I got my 11Pro, Lol ; ) . The 11Pro is better in pretty much every regard(i.e: stills, video, battery life, speed, even the screen-and the X has an excellent screen), but the X is still fine. Now, iOS 13 that shipped on the new phones, THAT was beta testing. And they knew it was buggy and flakey before it released. That's why we received 13.1 on Tuesday instead of next week.

My first X phone had the overheating issue and short battery. The second one had weird highlights.

Getting two bad models of anything feels wrong.

Maybe the camera on my second one was faulty. Maybe that is just how it shoots. Iíll take it in again.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Krumlauf View Post
    Loving my 11 pro. First iPhone I ever got on launch day. My fiance has had to wait 2 weeks for his lol.
    Which one did they go for? I pre-ordered mine, but my GF didn't decide until the afternoon of launch day that she wanted one. We walked into Best Buy about 6pm and walked out with a 512GB Space Gray for her about 10 minutes later. It's definitely not like it used to be, with people standing in line for days for them.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    My first X phone had the overheating issue and short battery. The second one had weird highlights.

Getting two bad models of anything feels wrong.

Maybe the camera on my second one was faulty. Maybe that is just how it shoots. I’ll take it in again.
    That would definitely sour you to it. The X has been the only one that I didn't pre-order. I actually waited until December before I bought mine. Maybe they had sorted out some of the issues by then. I do know that the camera on my X totally smoked the camera on my friends 7 Plus, especially the way it handled flair compared to his. I forgot, I did have intermittent GPS issues with mine.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post

Does the 11Pro have any kind of usable image stabilization built in for video shooting? If so, how good is it? If not, that makes it close to useless for video shooting for me.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast