Thread: Clar LED

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Did we find anything about re: quality on these? at $100 it might be feasible to ring them around a large-ish open area for a project I'd like to do (think poor man's version of studio lighting).

2. Collapse Details
    Be sure to check on the inside housing to see if the slave laborer that assembled it scrawled any sort of last message to the world
    Pudgy bearded camera guy
    http://mcbob.tv

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbob View Post
    Be sure to check on the inside housing to see if the slave laborer that assembled it scrawled any sort of last message to the world
    Unfortunately, you're right...

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bass View Post
    Did we find anything about re: quality on these? at $100 it might be feasible to ring them around a large-ish open area for a project I'd like to do (think poor man's version of studio lighting).
    I've been eyeing these, unfortunately all the daylight and bicolor ones are now sold out. These are re-branded and sold for much less at adorama. Apparently they cost about $600 not that long ago as I see several reviews for the original version. They seem to essentially be ripoffs of the aputure ls1, but for $100 it seemed like a steal. I guess I missed my chance but I probably didn't need it anyway. I was afraid it was a 100W light that would only be 50W at daylight, and it was hard to figure out if that was the case. They seemed to have pretty good reviews. I have been watching the Adorama Clar lights since they seem to be rebranding lights but selling them for much less. I just got the $250 120W bicolor COB light that seems to be a bicolor c120d at less than half the price. So far it seems quite good. They also sell some rebranded falconeyes lights I'm thinking of getting since somehow they are about $100 cheaper as Clar lights at adorama.
    Noah Yuan-Vogel
    http://www.noahyv.com

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nyvz View Post
    I just got the $250 120W bicolor COB light that seems to be a bicolor c120d at less than half the price. So far it seems quite good.
    I also just picked this up. So far so good! Definitely a step up in build quality from the Godox I've been using. Much more secure tightening knobs, better lightstand mount, and a silent fan.

6. Collapse Details
    Looks light the daylight version is sold out, but the 3200K is still available. Used the daylight version on a shoot and I was happy with it. Great construction, high output and good color...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12