Thread: Clar LED

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Clar LED
    I picked up on of these for $99 at Adorama yesterday: https://www.adorama.com/clbztp120d.html

Haven't battle tested it yet, but it has solid construction, high light output/CRI and comes with a v-mount plate. For $99 basically a no-brainer...

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by scorsesefan View Post
    I picked up on of these for $99 at Adorama yesterday: https://www.adorama.com/clbztp120d.html

Haven't battle tested it yet, but it has solid construction, high light output/CRI and comes with a v-mount plate. For $99 basically a no-brainer...
    Wow is that a cheap light! I'll be interested to hear/see how you light lighting with it.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

3. Collapse Details
    I asked about these a few weeks back and had no response. I asked Newshooter to review them. No response. I can't find any reviews from product review sites. Also available on ebay.

4. Collapse Details
    Its described as a daylight fixture but the controller has a Kelvin pot . Is it adjustable Kelvin? Looks like a very tight spot , hence the high output numbers, but that needn't be bad with barn doors.

Oops never mind - just noticed there is a bicolor version.

5. Collapse Details
    Yeah, Dan, I'm curious to see how it performs in the real world. The light looks good -- no noticeable flicker but I only had it on for a few minutes. @ Paul there's a few reviews on Adorama's site. The main complaint has been the led bead spread, but I haven't noticed an stepping or dark spots aiming it at the wall, especially with some diffusion clipped on the barn doors -- which is how I would shoot with this anyway...

I had the saleswoman at Adorama set it up in the store before I purchased it and it threw a lot of light -- even in their relatively large sales floor. I started asking her questions and then was, like, *uck it -- it's $99! ;)

6. Collapse Details
    Their entire family of LEDs is really low cost. I'd like to have someone like Newshooter show us the entire family of lights. Look at all the stuff they offer and we've not heard about it. https://www.adorama.com/g/CLAR_Brand...hredirect=true

7. Collapse Details
    Not saying these CLAR lights are, but many of these kind of lights/products are recycled under a different name month-in and month-out by overseas parties.

There are many lights under $50 and/or $100 that are just as powerful or more as the one in this thread:

I own about 2-3 from each group. Definitely worth a watch for everyone:

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    I agree Norbro, but a lot of the sellers of these cheap Chinese lights are fly-by-night whereas Adorama is a reputable dealer...

9. Collapse Details
    Both Adorama and B&H sell a handful of Chinese products.

At the end of the day, how much different can a $100 light be from a $50 light, you know?

And a few of the lights in the YouTube link videos above are for sale at B&H, but I hear you.

10. Collapse Details
    As I have built a small fleet of LED fixtures, I have gone mostly with Dracast. But not necessarily because they are that much, if any, better than the no-name brands. But if you do have an issue, they have native english speaking customer service and they do seem responsive about protecting their reputation. If you pay list for their fixtures, well I wouldn't. But they have a rotation of pretty deep discounts at BH and Adorams and if purchased on sale, they usually deliver good value at the discounted price.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast