1. Collapse Details
    GH2: can I see focal length of lens inside camera?
    Greetings,

I'm wondering if there's a way to see the focal length of the attached lens during the setup of a taking a still shot, or maybe after the photo is taken?

I see that Google photos has no trouble discovering that information so I'm hoping that maybe inside of the GH2 there is a way to display that info. either during the process of taking a photo or after when viewing the photo?

Thank you!
    Steve Karl
    sightsea.com/music
    2 Panasonic GH2s - Lumix 14-42mm f/3.5, Olympus 17mm f/1.8, Lumix 12-35mm f/2.8, Lumix 45-200mm f/4.0

2. Collapse Details
    Still photos might put it in the exif and easy to check with any exif viewer. But I doubt there is anything in the video files from this camera. And hard for me to check because I use adapted lenses for everything.

3. Collapse Details
    not sure about gh2, but in my gh4 the metadata like iso/wb/lens/etc is saved.
    you wont see it on the NLE though, u need to use exif tool to able to see it.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks, both of you.

Problem solved. Answer is no.

I can view all data for a still in Windows without an exif viewer. Properties then the Details Tab.

I guess I'll just use the analog method and look at the numbers printed on the lens.
    Steve Karl
    sightsea.com/music
    2 Panasonic GH2s - Lumix 14-42mm f/3.5, Olympus 17mm f/1.8, Lumix 12-35mm f/2.8, Lumix 45-200mm f/4.0

5. Collapse Details
    Yeah, it's a pretty old design, but still makes decent enough pictures for an old camera. And they are cheap on the used market. Couple that with some rigging and decent lenses and 1080/24 is still a good choice. I haven't tried anything in HBR mode after the hacks, need to see if my cards really work, mostly been doing things at 24fps to keep away from interlacing with the 60i setting. Only thing I wish I could get is 1080/60p out of these old cameras, well that and files that more editors will use so I don't need to transcode everything first. Thinking that I may move to a Z-Cam E2C, but still not sure. BMD Micro Cinema is slightly tempting, but the cards are hard to get, and it is S16 sensor size which would kill what limited wide angles I have now.

One way to hack things, if you zoom and stay at that focal length before pressing record, take a quick still of that scene and then you'll have the exif. In the menu I think you can keep the main button as stills, and just use the video button to start and stop your recording. Never tried but it might be worth doing for some of the thins that I'm recording. Been using a separate camera for stills and it's a hassle because usually that will be my phone. I might toy with this tonight.