Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    What's a great 7" on-camera monitor these days?
    I'm looking for a great, sharp, bright 7" monitor to use with my cameras. I want to see focus clearly, and maybe have it show LUTs for client review. Ideally it would have HDMI and SDI inputs, and use Sony NP-F style batteries. I don't need it to also be an external recorder, just a monitor is great. SmallHD seems popular, but reviews on B&H aren't the best. Price is not my main concern here. I want a quality image and solid build that won't fall apart in a few weeks.

What are you using these days?
    Jaime VallÚs
    AJV Media
    Video, Photography & Graphic Design: www.ajvmedia.com

2. Collapse Details
    I keep going back to the Infernos when I need one.

People question the build, but I've never had a problem with them since the original Shogun in 2014.

Its UI and LUT workflow is my favorite part about it. (For $999, you have a lot of features.)

They have an updated model but haven't tried it.

3. Collapse Details
    I've been looking for something similar for my clients and am having trouble deciding between the Portkeys HH7 (1200 nit, LUT support, NPF batteries, but you need a special adapter to power the camera via d-tap or other power) and the Feelworld P7S (2200 nit, NPF batteries, SDI input and output, but no LUT support).

I've been using a Portkeys high bright monitor on my C200 and it's a game changer, so that's a feature I don't want to be without anymore.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    The Atomos products can be calibrated, that may or may not be something you need.

5. Collapse Details
    A lot of ppl I know are grabbing those Feelworld monitors but I don’t really know anything about them myself. Just an enthusiastic AC hyping how high quality, affordable, and light weight they are.

6. Collapse Details
    I always liked all of the FeelWorld ones I've used in the past, but figured the OP wouldn't accept the build-quality.

I'm actually planning on buying this one soon...2200 cd/m▓ brightness for the price is ridiculous. (And that's all I will need it for outdoors.)

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...n_and_out.html

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    I always liked all of the FeelWorld ones I've used in the past, but figured the OP wouldn't accept the build-quality.

I'm actually planning on buying this one soon...2200 cd/m▓ brightness for the price is ridiculous. (And that's all I will need it for outdoors.)

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...n_and_out.html
    Just don't drop it or hit it hard, about as durable as an eggshell.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

8. Collapse Details
    The older Feelworlds were pretty bad. The new ones are surprisingly excellent. Certainly as good as any of the (albeit older) SmallHD monitors I've owned. Build quality will not stand up to being dropped. However, the P7S is aluminum, not plastic. I ended up finding one on eBay for $315 so I jumped on it.

9. Collapse Details
    Does anybody know of a rubber protector for the Feelworld? It looks like a decent option, but I'd like to get some protection. (ok, ok, forget the jokes. Get your mind out of the gutter)

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    Does anybody know of a rubber protector for the Feelworld? It looks like a decent option, but I'd like to get some protection. (ok, ok, forget the jokes. Get your mind out of the gutter)
    Smallrig has monitor cages for some of the common SmallHD, Feelworld, Atomos, etc monitors. I've seen a couple in person. They're not like a Pelican with a monitor window cutout, but they are something: https://www.smallrig.com/cages/monitor-cage.html
    ----------
    Jim Feeley
    POV Media

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast