1. Collapse Details
    Beware of MPB.com
    I know these guys are a site sponsor so if this gets deleted I understand. Just wanted to share my recent experience with the NYC division of the company. I ordered a Canon camcorder listed in good condition, missing a few minor things like lens hood and such, easily replaceable. When I received it the top handle was cracked, screen would not even rotate the right way without lifting up on the entire handle making the crack even worse. That sucks but the biggie is I received a PAL camera and this particular camcorder is not switchable without sending it in to Canon for an upgrade. The camera was not listed as being PAL nor that the handle was cracked. I called to find out what the deal was and they said it came from the UK side of the company and they failed to realize it was PAL only. They ended up overnighting it back to them so I could get a refund but these guys don't seem to know their stuff when it comes to video equipment.

2. Collapse Details
    So they got it back and already put it back on the website and still don't list it as PAL only, WTF.

3. Collapse Details
    bad mojo.

thanks for the share.

thumbs up.

rob
    smalltalk productions/nyc
    the story is never black & white
    it takes Smalltalk to reveal the color

smalltalk.productions

4. Collapse Details
    My single purchase with them was a far better experience, and they answered a few questions before I bought the stuff. But I bought lenses which can't be messed up between PAL and NTSC, they arrived in good shape and arrived quickly.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Same here, I've bought lenses from them without issue. However this debacle nearly screwed up a upcoming gig and they offered little effort to rectify the situation.

6. Collapse Details
    I will make an off topic comment:

It is long since time to make all cameras work in all frame rates, manufacturers locking you into PAL or NTSC frames rates are just trying to promote gray market sales. It is bad for us consumers! Very few PAL cameras come into the USA for sale through authorized channels, so people are stepping around those channels and buying from another country. The computers inside the cameras don't care which standard they are shooting to, just make them all available!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    I'm not sure if Canon is still making their pro camcorders either NTSC or PAL, I know some companies make them switchable which I agree they should all be.

8. Collapse Details
    Back on topic, they did finally take the camcorder off the site and offered a decent discount if I choose to try them again anytime in the future. I was able to find the same model at the same price from another company.