1. Collapse Details
    c200/c500 ii backwards compatible accessories?
    From the rumored specs of the c500 ii "...optional module for V-Mount batteries".

The c200 screen works with the c300 ii. What do you think the chances are of this c500 ii accessory existing at all and working with the c200?

I'd love to use v-mount batteries without rails so I'd be extremely interested, though I can't see how it can be done given how much stuff is on the back of the camera - 2x SD slots, audio controls, FUNC/CANCEL/MENU buttons, plus EVF tilt. There's a much stronger case for the more square design of BM UMP/red cameras if you need to add larger batteries. Looking at the fs7, its curve means the adapter isn't flush. I'd be surprised if canon's solution was elegant at all and I'm not saying I want canon to start making cubes/boxes but am curious what it would look like and would most likely still prefer an ugly adapter vs. rails.

I doubt it will become anything more than a bullet point on some poor dude's website but who knows?

2. Collapse Details
    If there's no photo of the back of this new camera yet then it could be something like this.

EDIT: Just realized you were asking about it for the C200...no chance.

RED V-Lock I:O Expander.jpg

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    If there's no photo of the back of this new camera yet then it could be something like this.

EDIT: Just realized you were asking about it for the C200...no chance.
    I'd say your'e right.

It looks like traces of a button on the back, maybe there will just be a small gap.

c500.jpg

4. Collapse Details
    Looking at the back of our C200, there is zero chance any add on plate setup would ever work, the camera wasn't contructed with that as a design factor.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Now that the C500 MK II is official, I think we can conclusively say these accessories are not compatible.

6. Collapse Details
    What I would have liked Canon to do with the C200 is to use the Ethernet port, which I’ve never even heard of anyone using in the real world, to accept time code (assuming that’s technically possible). For me that was the only thing missing (I shoot raw so the broadcast codec thing isn’t an issue for me).

7. Collapse Details
    It seems the C500 Mark II 4.3" monitor which is slightly larger than the 4" monitor of the C200 may be compatible with the C300 Mark II and C200, but it was unclear on that.