1. Collapse Details
    Sony SBAC-US30 vs Sony SBAC-US20 SxS Card Readers?
    Hi guys,

I need another SxS card reader, and I'm trying to suss out the difference between the current Sony SBAC-US30 and the previous generation Sony SBAC-US20.

As far as I can tell, they look the same, and appear to have the same specs (both support USB3 and can do 800Mbps). Does anyone know what the actual difference between them is?

Cheers

2. Collapse Details
    And what's up with the rumors of an USB-C version of the SBAC? But right now, the main diff seems to be that you can't buy a new SBAC-20 anymore.

3. Collapse Details
    Doesn't the 30 have quicker read time with the newer cards.. I have both and believe thats the difference it can read the pro plus cards quicker.. there is a USB C due very soon.. being released with new faster SxS cards .. primarily it seems for the faster frame rates for the Venice ..

4. Collapse Details
    XAVC-I codec is topped @ 480/Mbps, so Venice can't really write to SxS faster than others, needs an AXS-R7 recorder.

5. Collapse Details

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post
    XAVC-I codec is topped @ 480/Mbps, so Venice can't really write to SxS faster than others, needs an AXS-R7 recorder.
    Your right I re read the article .. its more to get much faster down load speeds .. I,ll buy it just to get the USB C plug..