Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    No. Maybe in the future, if I can benefit from the sensor size and some of the other goodies on the S1H. For now I'm happily using my GH5 and may add a GH5S or GH6 in the future.

The aspects of the S1H that are most compelling/ tempting, are the operational features. These hardware items could be included in the GH6- tally lights, dual record buttons and the multi axis flip out screen. There are several features that could be ported over to the GH5/S via firmware. I'd love to see the same recording indicator LCD frame ( the red one) in a firmware update. The operation display is also super cool. It's loooong past time to use a new focus scale besides the flower and mountain gimmickry. Please Panasonic... it's time to say bye bye to this useless, sub amateur, cluttering instrumentation. How this has lasted this long is a mystery.

The GH series has been a solid profit center for Panasonic, but they have been too cautious in optimizing it for the significant professional user base of the series. The aforementioned goofy instrumentation and the lack of faster video/film focused zooms (until the 10-25 1.7) has baffled me to no end. To a significant degree, they have pulled their punches on the GH line. Although the full frame mania is in full swing, there appears to be a significant pro user base that is committed to M43. I'm certainly one of them.

P.S. Panasonic, please make it easier to flip out the LCD screen with your finger nail on future GH cams.
    Last edited by hotchkiss; 09-05-2019 at 02:28 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    sorta been looking at the BM 6k instead. seems like more for less money. or did we cover this already?

3. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by wwjd View Post
    sorta been looking at the BM 6k instead. seems like more for less money. or did we cover this already?
    Very different cameras for shooters with different needs. The P6K produces a great image and costs less, where the S1H brings more to the table but only if you need these features.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    I just switched to theS1 other wise I would go for the s1h. Iíll stick to the S1for a while
    I donít really need the extras that the H will have. My final delivery is in1080p and if I use 4K than its in a 1080 timeline. And i convert all files toprorez anyway. But itís nice to know that if I need it its there.

QUOTE=estarkey7;1986800268]Selling my GH4/GH5S and lens selection will fund a portion of my S1H purchase. If I can get $2500 for the bodies and 6 lenses, I'm in![/QUOTE]

5. Collapse Details
    Well, I've made my decision. The GH5S, GH4, 5 native lenses, five batteries and a battery grip are all going up on eBay with an auction starting at $2500. Also throwing in a Ninja 2 ProRes recorder for good measure. It's priced to move.

6. Collapse Details
    No, I'm good with GH5s. I'm not that Pro.

I'm going to get more fixes for GH5s. First would be DG Summilux 25mm f/1.4 II ASPH !

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexLF View Post
    First would be DG Summilux 25mm f/1.4 II ASPH !
    Wow, I didn't even know they were releasing a second one...that's a classic lens.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ilux_25mm.html

8. Collapse Details
    Today Panasonic and Atomos announced they are supporting 5.9K 30p ProRes RAW on the S1H!
    https://www.atomos.com/press-release...xSH1-6K35mmFFR
    Last edited by estarkey7; 09-13-2019 at 08:19 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123