1. Collapse Details
    ND filter system advice to use with a A7III/A7S2 and a gimbal
    I'm thinking go getting the Ronin SC to use with an A7S2 and A7III. I also want a ND system that I can use with various lenses;
    24-70 f/2.8
    12-24 f/4
    55 f/1.8
    35 f/2.8
    85 f/1.4
    70-200 f/4

1. is it a bad idea to use a ND filter holder on a gimbal for any reason?
    2. Can anyone recommend a good filter holder and 3 stop ND that I can use with different step up rings for all my lenses?

Thanks in advance!

2. Collapse Details
    I put step up rings on all my lenses to bring them up to 77mm and use a variable ND filter with a rubber lens hood (the hood will vignette on ultra wide lenses though). A filter holder wouldn't allow you to use a lens hood at all, and makes you more susceptible to reflections.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    1. Which step up rings do you use?
    2. Do you keep the step up rings on all the time or just when you need them. I've never used them before. Can you still place lens caps on the lenses with step up rings on them?
    3. My 24-70 2.8 is a 82mm. So would I need to get step up rings for all of my lenses to bring them up to 82mm?
    4. Which variable ND do you use?

Thanks!

4. Collapse Details
    I have Rise(UK) ones from China, and Sensei ones from B&H; mine are aluminum, but brass ones are more durable.
    I generally leave the step up rings on my lenses, but I might take a set-up ring off if I'm using the lens for photography.
    You'll need to get lens caps that match the thread size of your step-up ring's female threads.
    I use an SLR Magic variable ND.