Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JPNola View Post
    My hunch is that anyone looking for Sony to announce at IBC an Fs7 successor will be disappointed. I'll be pleasantly surprised if the "Fx9 full-frame" rumor is true.

That said, the timing feels about right given the time since the Fs7 was released. The F55 is now long in the tooth and a Sony camera to fill the F55 niche is about due. Clearly the Venice was not intended for Owner / Ops that do not work with an AC.

A "full-frame" version of the Fs7 would sell well, imo. I'd buy one tomorrow. Especially if it shot stills and was essentially an a7s II in an fs7-style form factor with built-in ND and autofocus upgraded to be on par with Canon's.
    Not that sellers know any more than we do, but the past three weeks have seen more used FS7 and FS7MKIIs for sale here than anytime since the camera was introduced.
    I've been tracking used ones for a friend who wants to buy one and a lot of people are dumping their FS7s and FS7 MKIIs compared to just a few months ago. Not sure what
    they are replacing them with?
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Sellers - like official ones of new cameras - do know more than we do...at least a few weeks in advance.

3. Collapse Details
    My hunch is that anyone looking for Sony to announce at IBC an Fs7 successor will be disappointed. I'll be pleasantly surprised if the "Fx9 full-frame" rumor is true.

That said, the timing feels about right given the time since the Fs7 was released. The F55 is now long in the tooth and a Sony camera to fill the F55 niche is about due. Clearly the Venice was not intended for Owner / Ops that do not work with an AC.

A "full-frame" version of the Fs7 would sell well, imo. I'd buy one tomorrow. Especially if it shot stills and was essentially an a7s II in an fs7-style form factor with built-in ND and autofocus upgraded to be on par with Canon's.
    I've gotta pretty reliable source that has a pretty good track record with me that is saying otherwise. Don't know if it's necessarily going to be called Fs7 III, but they said the "replacement" is coming. If not IBC, soon...

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    I've gotta pretty reliable source that has a pretty good track record with me that is saying otherwise. Don't know if it's necessarily going to be called Fs7 III, but they said the "replacement" is coming. If not IBC, soon...
    Come out to Amsterdam, mang!!!!
    Last edited by James0b57; 09-03-2019 at 07:40 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    Did your source say it will be full-frame, as rumored?
    Big sources matter.

6. Collapse Details
    I'm not under NDA to Sony right now, I predict if a new camera is in the offing from Sony, it will undoubtedly be FF and will probably be 8K. Not sure why but looking at the competition and what they are offering up, seems like those two would be logical predictions.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    I'm not under NDA to Sony right now, I predict if a new camera is in the offing from Sony, it will undoubtedly be FF and will probably be 8K. Not sure why but looking at the competition and what they are offering up, seems like those two would be logical predictions.
    +1

I think they'll drop a FS7 replacement. Will be VERY interested to see if it blows the C500MKII out of the water and/or forces Canon to release it a much lower price than usual.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    There's a Sept, 5th (as mentioned previously) Sony presser for the IFA and the Sept, 13th for the IBC.

The second could be for FX9 or A9 MKII or ... as my ex-ESL classmate from Brazil Sonja used to say, "somefeenk".

9. Collapse Details
    They didn't say and I didn't ask. It was just kind of a "passing thing" during a convo a few weeks ago.

10. Collapse Details
    Full frame is nice for certain scenarios, but I feel like the Target audience for the FS7 doesn’t need it. S35 is already critical for focusing when you’re doing run and gun type of work, and trying to do that with a full frame sensor would result in a lot of out of focus television. I can see using an S35 mode for most things and going up to FF for things like sit down interviews, but if it’s going to come at a higher cost for 6-8k and a larger sensor, then you’re losing the magic that makes the FS7 special in the first place.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast