Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    For video shooters looking for affordable gear, Canon is rumored to come out with C100 MKIII. Its specs are unknown but will probably be on the FS-5 level - 4K with XF-AVC or CRL.
    If it's reasonable cost, I'd be all over that as a B-cam for our C200! I actually find the "sub-par" spec XF-AVC video from the C200 to be really good, good enough for 80% of situations overall. Sure, sometimes we want to shoot RAW. But for client needs
    RAW is often overkill and all that matters is if the footage looks good, not if it's 4:2:2 or 10-bit. In putting together demo reels, I am still really happy even with our C100 MKIs AVCHD from a few years ago, that was and still is a great little camera.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

2. Collapse Details
    Or, considering that there are several 6K cameras already on the market for as low as $2,000, Canon could just rename C200 as C100 MKIII and bring out C200 MKII with a 6K CRL.

PS There is a new king of shaky, out of focus footage in Sigma fp. When in focus and on a tripod, however, its 12-bit DNG looks gorgeous.

3. Collapse Details
    Or, considering that there are several 6K cameras already on the market for as low as $2,000, Canon could just rename C200 as C100 MKIII and bring out C200 MKII with a 6K CRL.

PS There is a new king of shaky, out of focus footage in Sigma fp. When in focus and on a tripod, however, its 12-bit DNG looks gorgeous.
    I haven't had much success yet with its autofocus... but it's nice on a gimbal.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlin View Post
    I haven't had much success yet with its autofocus... but it's nice on a gimbal.
    Did you buy it or just testing for an article?

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Did you buy it or just testing for an article?
    I bought it. I needed a replacement for my A7r because the shutter crapped out, and it's old enough that I decided to replace it, and the fp seemed like a good fit for my needs... and so far I'm mostly happy with it. I have only a few frustrations with it now, most of which Sigma will address in firmware updates. The big one is not having a DCI aspect ratio option, and not having a 24fps option (it has 23.98 and 25, so leaving out 24 seems pretty dumb).

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlin View Post
    I bought it. I needed a replacement for my A7r because the shutter crapped out, and it's old enough that I decided to replace it, and the fp seemed like a good fit for my needs... and so far I'm mostly happy with it. I have only a few frustrations with it now, most of which Sigma will address in firmware updates. The big one is not having a DCI aspect ratio option, and not having a 24fps option (it has 23.98 and 25, so leaving out 24 seems pretty dumb).
    Cool, keep us updated as you break it in.

7. Collapse Details
    This is a Sony release touring its newest sensor technology. In this case, it's for mobile phones. The same mobile phones that make camera sales - not just Canon's - plummet.

https://www.sony-semicon.co.jp/e/pro...e/2_2_ocl.html

If one goes by the DXO Mark rating of phones vs. the ILC's, then the rate of progress for the mobile toys is quite remarkable. A five year old iPhone 6 is rated at 73 while the current 11 Max at 117 (44/73=60%), while roughly the same age D810 was given a score of 97, with Z7 getting 99. In other words, the mobile cameras are improving at a rapid pace while the ILC's performance have generally been static within the identical time frame.

PS. If Sigma pf's focus is anything like Panasonic's, one'd need separate AF settings for the stationary vs. moving objects.

8. Collapse Details
    So, if anyone recalls a thread about Canon shutting down some of their repair outlets? Nikon is going beyond that and it smells even worse. They're not saving any money either. It's more like a sign of surrender.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/2019-12-1...y-repairs.html

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Cool, keep us updated as you break it in.
    I'm going to write a review of it soon(ish). I just ordered one of the Canon mount adapters so that I can use some of my other lenses on it and try a few more things out.

I probably should get bigger SD cards or a T5 soon though. The All-I codec is pretty large, and raw is even larger, obviously.

10. Collapse Details
    This is a Sony release touring its newest sensor technology. In this case, it's for mobile phones. The same mobile phones that make camera sales - not just Canon's - plummet.

https://www.sony-semicon.co.jp/e/pro...e/2_2_ocl.html

If one goes by the DXO Mark rating of phones vs. the ILC's, then the rate of progress for the mobile toys is quite remarkable. A five year old iPhone 6 is rated at 73 while the current 11 Max at 117 (44/73=60%), while roughly the same age D810 was given a score of 97, with Z7 getting 99. In other words, the mobile cameras are improving at a rapid pace while the ILC's performance have generally been static within the identical time frame.

PS. If Sigma pf's focus is anything like Panasonic's, one'd need separate AF settings for the stationary vs. moving objects.
    Well, mobile phones have had a lot more to improve upon than dedicated DSLR's/ILC's(not saying that what we get out of cell phone cameras isn't amazing for what they are). I can look at images from my iPhone 7 from 2016 to my iPhone X from 2017 and my iPhone 11 Pro from 2019 and see a noticeable difference from year-to-year. But none of them can touch my 5D IV from 2016. I guess to frame it another way, if you took at a body builder who has been training for years or decades already, their gains year over year are going to be much smaller and less noticeable than someone who doesn't workout and then starts to train, in earnest.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast