Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859606162 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Hall View Post
    If AI could help my dodgy hips, bad back or get me up for a shoot at 4:00 AM I'ld be all for it:-)

Side note; I shot a piece with Satya Nadella, the boss of Microsoft, discussing AI. Be afraid, very afraid...
    Ergorig can help with the shoulder and back a little. It is the first “Assist” tool i really like. Takes the weight off the shoulder, but keeps the mobility. One of the most simple and user helpful cameras tools. Has a tube and lever for near instant low mode. Very very cool rig. Looks like it would be restrictive, but i found i didn’t lose any mobility. Will most likely be my next purchase. Such great kit.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rob norton View Post
    Cinema 5d article - https://www.cinema5d.com/canon-c500-...clip-download/

raw test:

10 bit low light:
    After watching these two clips, one can visualise many creative possibilities. Very impressive.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    I found this test very well done for comparing the IQ of the camera and how it handles colors and roll off.

https://youtu.be/hV2yvzYzix4

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    Ergorig can help with the shoulder and back a little. It is the first “Assist” tool i really like. Takes the weight off the shoulder, but keeps the mobility. One of the most simple and user helpful cameras tools. Has a tube and lever for near instant low mode. Very very cool rig. Looks like it would be restrictive, but i found i didn’t lose any mobility. Will most likely be my next purchase. Such great kit.
    I've posted about this before, because I bought one:
    https://steadygum.com/

About the same price as the Ergorig, but much lower profile, in both use and storage/transport. I can throw it in my support gear back-pack that I carry my batts and stuff in.

It works for me and everyone that I've let use it, likes it and has said they will probably buy one(most are older than me, from just a few years to over a decade). I let a friend use it for a three or four day show that he was doing handheld on and he said it was worth every penny. And he's the type that is very skeptical on "toys".

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cpreston View Post
    I found this test very well done for comparing the IQ of the camera and how it handles colors and roll off.

https://youtu.be/hV2yvzYzix4
    That's a handy test. Not surprisingly the Canon wins by a mile, but it's nice to have the reference point.

It's clearly holding a couple of stops more in total latitude over the BM. But it's good to see other qualities too, like the rolloff into clipping - which is much smoother. And the colour channels which seem a good deal more resistant to clipping in the hyper saturated RGB LED test.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post

About the same price as the Ergorig, but much lower profile, in both use and storage/transport. I can throw it in my support gear back-pack that I carry my batts and stuff in.

It works for me and everyone that I've let use it, likes it and has said they will probably buy one(most are older than me, from just a few years to over a decade). I let a friend use it for a three or four day show that he was doing handheld on and he said it was worth every penny. And he's the type that is very skeptical on "toys".
    No where near as good as the Ergorig for cinema.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Grug View Post
    That's a handy test. Not surprisingly the Canon wins by a mile, but it's nice to have the reference point.

It's clearly holding a couple of stops more in total latitude over the BM. But it's good to see other qualities too, like the rolloff into clipping - which is much smoother. And the colour channels which seem a good deal more resistant to clipping in the hyper saturated RGB LED test.
    Big +1!

That is the main reason i still spend money and time on other cameras. I just can’t get into the BM highlights. I suppose if i only shot soft light, or had tons of ambient fill available on demand, i’d consider BM, but C500 and other cinema cameras still deserve their place. The whole bang for buck mentality over hypes the BM cameras.

That said, bang for buck where bang for buck is due.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post

I would not pay $1800 for that. I bought something similar years ago for $40.

9. Collapse Details
    Here's some new (walkaround) low-light footage (shot 10-bit Raw 50fps) that's a lot more to my personal taste:

Really wish Canon would put out some more conventionally produced footage, so we can see how it looks under normal conditions. But this footage does give me more hope than the other walkaround footage I've seen to date.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    No where near as good as the Ergorig for cinema.
    I don’t shoot “cinema” ; ) It’s designed mostly for ENG/Doc.

Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859606162 LastLast