Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    C500 MKII Leaked on Canon Rumors

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    The specs aren't 100% confirmed yet, but I want one.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Built-in ND's, huh?

4. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    The specs aren't 100% confirmed yet, but I want one.
    What's your guess on pricing ?

5. Collapse Details
    The very inferior (for 2019) C300 Mark II is still sitting at $9K - so easily over $12,000, maybe below $15,000.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    The very inferior (for 2019) C300 Mark II is still sitting at $9K - so easily over $12,000, maybe below $15,000.
    Didn't they say it was going to be "under $20,000"?

Well, we know what that means.

It'll be $11,999 within a year.

7. Collapse Details
    Seems like a C700 that can record RAW internally, so I'm going to guess $20k
    Question for people who know their Canon stuff: apart from internal RAW, in what way is that spec list different from a C700?
    (I'll never use one of these, so, just out of curiosity...)

edit: oh, there you go: $19,999 then

8. Collapse Details
    There are multiple versions of the C700.

The two main differences would be a global shutter and full-frame recording specs if comparing to those models.

But from a quick glance (I'm still on vacation), the 'regular' C700 differs by providing ProRes and the CODEX RAW recording/hardware/workflow, and having other features built into the body while the rumors suggest the C500 II having modules for the EVF, genlock, timecode, 12G-SDI, maybe more.

I'm sure there are other differences...we'll know more once it's official.

9. Collapse Details
    If it can shoot good Super35 (it mentions Super35 for slow-mo) it'd be more interesting. Full frame is for DSLR wannabees.

In terms of specs, C700 does 240 fps and offers ProRes as well, while C500 Mark II rumored specs don't mention ProRes and cap out at 120 fps.

Don't know that this camera has much appeal for me as a C300 Mark II owner and Arri Amira owner. If I want to step up my image over my C300s, I'll shoot on my Arris which will still look better than C500 Mark II RAW. The C500 Mark II has a smaller form factor than Arri, but looks larger and heavier than a C300 Mark II. You get things like RAW, higher resolution, full frame, but those only really benefit in a higher end environment where again I'd just break out the Arri. I suppose if I was going to add another C-series camera to my lineup instead of adding a fourth C300 Mark II, the C500 Mark II could be a consideration, but I'm not seeing any killer features that make me want to go out and buy it right away.

There are of course a lot of questions like does it have a side handle, what is meant by additional modules for timecode, etc., and what kind of axe did they use to chop the C700 in half and can that same axe be used to turn my Amira into an Alexa Mini.
    Last edited by Eric Coughlin; 08-27-2019 at 10:53 AM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    If it can shoot good Super35 (it mentions Super35 for slow-mo) it'd be more interesting. Full frame is for DSLR wannabees.

In terms of specs, C700 does 240 fps and offers ProRes as well, while C500 Mark II rumored specs don't mention ProRes and cap out at 120 fps.

Don't know that this camera has much appeal for me as a C300 Mark II owner and Arri Amira owner. If I want to step up my image over my C300s, I'll shoot on my Arris which will still look better than C500 Mark II RAW. The C500 Mark II has a smaller form factor than Arri, but looks larger and heavier than a C300 Mark II. You get things like RAW, higher resolution, full frame, but those only really benefit in a higher end environment where again I'd just break out the Arri. I suppose if I was going to add another C-series camera to my lineup instead of adding a fourth C300 Mark II, the C500 Mark II could be a consideration, but I'm not seeing any killer features that make me want to go out and buy it right away.

There are of course a lot of questions like does it have a side handle, what is meant by additional modules for timecode, etc., and what kind of axe did they use to chop the C700 in half and can that same axe be used to turn my Amira into an Alexa Mini.
    Considering I just watched two shows shot on Monstro (Stranger Things S3; The Boys S1), I'm not sure I agree about FF being for wannabees.

I'd agree that it's not a definitive upgrade to S35, because it wasn't apparent to me that the shows were FF in the same way that SDR to HDR is an obvious improvement my mom can see; I had to look up the cameras they were shot on and they look wildly different from each other.

I also agree with your other points though. I'm not sure how much better in terms of image quality this will be than my C200, which means I'd have no reason to upgrade (presumably for 2x the price).

The first footage will tell...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast