Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary Knoop View Post
    I rather see an announcement for the GH6 using MFT.
    Going by Panasonic's track record, I would expect to hear something about the GH6 later this Fall, with delivery next Spring or Summer.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo View Post
    Going by Panasonic's track record, I would expect to hear something about the GH6 later this Fall, with delivery next Spring or Summer.
    GH-6 has been bandied about for about a year now, as GH-5 was announced in January, 2017 and GH-4 in February, 2014.

You say that a three year cycle would make the GH-6 announcement perfect for the winter of 2020? But there's not been a single substantiated rumor about it. Unless that Tower Jazz connection is about the MFT, there's no new sensors available for it either.

3. Collapse Details
    Don’t forget about the GH5S.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

4. Collapse Details
    A GH6 that is essentially a 5S sensor with IBIS and internal 4k60p 10-bit and some less invasive image processing for $1500-$1800 would be a big hit, especially if they made more improvements to AF as well.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    In other news, filmguy's lightly used Panasonic S1 w/vlog key for sale - coming soon
    This guy got the memo:
    https://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/p...965049740.html

6. Collapse Details
    Mine will be priced better

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    Don’t forget about the GH5S.
    Panasonic "forgot" to put IBIS in the GH5s.

There is no market for a portable camera over $2000 that does not have IBIS.
    And if you do not need portability then for $1300 you can obtain a Blackmagic Pocket 4K with better color science than the crap V-Log-L they put in the GH5 and GH5s.

I am worried that next Panasonic is going to "forget" about MFT or provide a crippled GH6 in the illusion that mobile videographers will rush into a full-frame solution.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    GH-6 has been bandied about for about a year now, as GH-5 was announced in January, 2017 and GH-4 in February, 2014.
    The GH5 was first announced in September 2016, where only 4 features were mentioned. ( the top one for me was 4k 10-bit 4:2:2 internal recording )

In late January 2017 the full GH5 spec list was announced, and then the camera was starting to ship in March 2017.

So it looks like a three year upgrade cycle, which would mean some sort of announcement for the GH6 in Fall 2019. ( maybe four features like the GH5 ) And then the full specs in January - February 2020, with the camera shipping in March - May 2020. ( but because of the S1 FF launch, I could see the GH6 launch being pushed back to Summer 2020 )

9. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Panasonic "forgot" to put IBIS in the GH5s.
    Both "Top Gear" and "The Grand Tour" broadcast car shows are very happy that Panasonic "forgot" to add IBIS to the GH5s, as the GH5 IBIS system could not deal with the car vibrations when mounted externally.

And if you do not need portability then for $1300 you can obtain a Blackmagic Pocket 4K with better color science than the crap V-Log-L they put in the GH5 and GH5s.
    I'm expecting Panasonic to use the same V-LOG as the S1 cameras for the GH6. ( the GH5s is "crippled" by V-LOG L )

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    Both "Top Gear" and "The Grand Tour" broadcast car shows are very happy that Panasonic "forgot" to add IBIS to the GH5s, as the GH5 IBIS system could not deal with the car vibrations when mounted externally.
    Good for them, but IBIS is generally speaking a blessing for portable videographers.

I'm expecting Panasonic to use the same V-LOG as the S1 cameras for the GH6. ( the GH5s is "crippled" by V-LOG L )
    One certainly would hope.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast