Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary T View Post
    The cage he rigged showcases the versatility of the S1H and it's L-Mount and it's ability switch between different lens mounts. That's one lean mean PL-Mount 6K shooting machine!
    Yeah, it's one of the few videos where I've seen the S1H decked out as a low cost production camera. Very interested to see full tests of the final camera once it's ready.

2. Collapse Details
    For what it's worth the S1H is #3 (at least on my end) on the B&H 'Best Sellers' list (cinema cameras classification) I always share here with the badges.

But for whatever reason it currently doesn't have a badge. It's sitting between the Pocket 4K (6K is #1 with a #1 badge) and the E2. UMP G2 is #5 and FX9 is #6. [Some of these positions fluctuate (especially the G2 and FX9 which switch spots daily)].

3. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    For what it's worth the S1H is #3 (at least on my end) on the B&H 'Best Sellers' list (cinema cameras classification)
    This is a preorder item, so things may change when it is finally shipping.

4. Collapse Details
    Pretty cool the E2 is number #4

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo View Post
    This is a preorder item, so things may change when it is finally shipping.
    Preorders are sales; the system automatically & consistently adjusts. (So canceled preorders are less sales.)

Quote Originally Posted by sgttom View Post
    Pretty cool the E2 is number #4
    Definitely...they have been making a splash. It will be interesting to see how their 6K and 8K cameras do.

6. Collapse Details
    Cool
    For what it's worth the S1H is #3 (at least on my end) on the B&H 'Best Sellers' list (cinema cameras classification)
    Checking the B&H cine camera best seller list right now...

1- BM Ursa Mini Pro 4.6 K G2
    2- Panasonic S1H
    3- Z Cam E2 MFT 4K
    4- BM P6K
    5- BM P4K
    6- Sony FX9
    7- Canon C200
    8- Z Cam E2C MFT 4K

Would be really interesting if B&H graphed this list over 5 years or so.

7. Collapse Details
    So two things:

(1) Definitely could be for your country (if B&H has a separate list for countries).

(2) I explained before how the information technology works for this particular system.

If you click 'cinema cameras' you're taken to a default landing page in which the filter selection is 'Best Sellers'. This is not an accurate list.

(2a) This list could consist of a variety of cameras randomly assorted by B&H.

(2b) This list could consist of a variety of cameras motivated by financial resources.

They change since it's a default landing page.

___

Here in the USA, if you click on 'Best Sellers' and refresh the system to process the correct list, it's the following (@ 1:25pm EST):

- BM 6K Pocket
    - BM 4K Pocket
    - Panasonic S1H
    - Z CAM E2
    - Sony FX9

8. Collapse Details
    And list or no list, I imagine the Pocket 6K and 4K are best sellers ("cinema") anywhere and everywhere.

But, yes - the system above works how I explained it; you need to refresh the list by manually choosing a 'sort by' selection.

9. Collapse Details
    Regardless of what distributors and dealers want me to believe I use common sense: if it is hard to buy a camera and it sells for a premium on Ebay it means the camera is very popular and if a new camera is in stock and already has price cuts the sales are disappointing.

I think this whole L-mount experiment is firmly in the second category. I expect cuts or "specials" on the S1H shortly after it is released.

10. Collapse Details
    Cool
    So two things:

(1) Definitely could be for your country (if B&H has a separate list for countries)
    I just logged out, cleared all browser cache and cookies, used a VPN to appear as if I was logging in from Chicago, went to the B&H website which notified me that 2 day shipping was available for Chicago, clicked on the cine camera section, did a refresh of their best seller list, and received identical results as before. So who knows how this list is determined...

(2) I explained before how the information technology works for this particular system.
    I know that web tech is not infallible, but it is interesting to see the B&H best seller lists. ( I don't really care how accurate it is )

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast