Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839
  1. Collapse Details
    DLD - imo It’s not just the S1, it’s all of Panasonic’s cameras lately. At least by default. You can massage them to get a more filmic image. Yet at the same time, a lot of new movies have a look more similar to S1. I agree it’s got sort of a smooth glossy look. But I’d also call that a modern look. You can use filmconvert and otherwise to get things more filmic and vintage lenses go a long way. I think CineMatch when it releases will be interesting to convert to black magic, canon, ARRI color and so forth.

Pure - yes it suits my unique needs really well. I also don’t mean to diss the EVA1, honestly the UI from a less frenetic perspective is very good, I like the touch screen display. I wouldn’t so much call it hobbled as I would say that, well, it’s a traditional studio type camera that was pitched as a run and gun camera with what feels to me inadequate attention to detail for actual run and gun use or single ops.

I will absolutely share more footage in the coming months, expect some videos in December. However, all of those will have been shot on the S1 8-bit, mixed in with a lot of GH5 footage, and except for Solomon Islands on the 24-105 kit. I’ve only just started shooting S1H content 10-bit on Milvus.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    I will absolutely share more footage in the coming months, expect some videos in December. However, all of those will have been shot on the S1 8-bit, mixed in with a lot of GH5 footage, and except for Solomon Islands on the 24-105 kit. I’ve only just started shooting S1H content 10-bit on Milvus.
    When you share the footage don't give us details and we'll see if we can pick the difference.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rob norton View Post
    When you share the footage don't give us details and we'll see if we can pick the difference.
    I like your style!

4. Collapse Details
    Sigma fp - the same sensor. Philip Bloom used Nitrate Film Convert grading.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839