Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    Netflix approved list extends down to very affordable cameras, so one has to have a serious reason for not using any of them.
    Yeah, a very serious reason like, "they weren't commissioned by Netflix." :P

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    Yeah, a very serious reason like, "they weren't commissioned by Netflix." :P
    You mean like my talking head You Tube rants?

3. Collapse Details
    I am not familiar with your talking head YouTube rants, but if I were a guessing man, which I am a guessing man, then I would guess that they weren't commissioned by Netflix and would not need to meet Netflix's guidelines for cameras to be used on Netflix commissioned projects.

I just watched The Ballad of Buster Scruggs by the Coen Brothers. Shot on the Arri Alexa Mini and XT in 2.8K ArriRAW and funded and distributed by Netflix. I suppose like Netflix's The Irishman by Martin Scorcesse, also shot on the Arri Alexa Mini at 3.4K RAW and Arri Arricam LT, if you're a big enough director you can ignore their camera specifications. Both movies were mastered in 4K, which really just means upscaled in post.
    Last edited by Eric Coughlin; 08-31-2019 at 08:14 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    Scorcese and the Coen Brothers can use Petzval glass on a Panavision 70MM film camera and Netflix will acquiesce and then try to figure out how to get any of the shots in focus.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    Scorcese and the Coen Brothers can use Petzval glass on a Panavision 70MM film camera and Netflix will acquiesce and then try to figure out how to get any of the shots in focus.
    Always remember, Hollywood is just high school for older people. The captain of the football team can do whatever they want.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12