Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo View Post
    I don't know what to make of the Sigma pf camera. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's going to be a $2,000 camera that needs $3,000 in accessories to make it usable.
    Oh, heck, right now pf is just a concept ... but that feature is specifically mentioned.

One thing on the accessories though - with so many "cameras-in-the-box" and the S1H type mirrorless, there'll be a lot of products from a lot of manufacturers out there very soon and the low end will be very affordable.

2. Collapse Details
    So, for reference, Canon 90D will be priced at $1,200. DSLR, APS-C, 4K 30p, no Log but HDR, DPAF, no crop (?).

Probably a DSLR swan song.

3. Collapse Details
    Sony A6100 and A6600 are to be officially unveiled in a few hours. The same old 24 MPX sensor, the same old 8-bit.

Sony does have a new 16-55mm 2.8F on its way though.

It could have been a contendah.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    So, for reference, Canon 90D will be priced at $1,200. DSLR, APS-C, 4K 30p, no Log but HDR, DPAF, no crop (?).

Probably a DSLR swan song.

CANON is still in business??

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by wwjd View Post
    CANON is still in business??
    My wife does some professional photography work and saw an ad on Craigslist from a local Realtor looking for a photographer. The ad specifically said that the photographer must have a camera with a full-frame sensor, and that the Realtor preferred Canon cameras. (The ad also said that the photographer had to have a wide-angle lens of at least 17mm.) I was surprised to see such specificity for the camera -- my wife is a pretty good real estate photographer, but she shoots with a Panasonic GX8. Really... full-frame for real estate photography?

So the Canon chorus is alive and well, and people are beating their chests over sensor size.

6. Collapse Details
    They're fine, I'm just razzing. They just dropped a really big ball on the video side

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123