Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    GH-5 was what, $1,800 upon release?

Now you can get a full frame Nikon Z6 for that amount. A7III and EOS R are $2,000 and also full frame. Finally, Panasonic's own full frame S1 is $2,000 (w/out the V-Log key, add $200 for V-Log).

And then there'll be a bunch of APS-C models in the $1,000-$1,300 range to slot below the full frame. And they'll likely to have some form of a Log too.

Exactly. I don't imagine GH6 to be priced as high as GH5 was. It just won't sell for that. Not with FF costing the same and APSC being cheaper. People generally think that bigger is better so it will be very hard to promote and sell a "tiny" sensor camera for that amount even if a handful of videographers are aware that overall it's a better camera than its bigger sensor competition. Panasonic should forget about their high margins for a while and realize the market is not what it was a few years ago. M43 is a great format and it would be a disaster for a lot of people if it went away only because the big guys can't adjust their pricing policies.

2. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by sgttom View Post
    I've heard its basically a GH4 sensor. Not if it can do prores and RAW that is definitely a step up and not bad for $800. For just a bit more I'd probably go with a Pocket 4k though.
    And for $700 more than the P4K I would go with the Z Cam E2 with both ProRes and RAW, fits on any gimbal, and up to 16 stops of dynamic range in WDR mode. ( I really want to see what this 16 stop WDR mode looks like )

And for $900 more than the P4K I would go for the Panasonic S1, which currently has the number 3 spot on the Cinema5D maximum dynamic range list. ( ARRI Mini is number 1, BM Ursa 4.6K G2 is number 2, and Sony FS7 is number 4 )
    Last edited by TheDingo; 08-25-2019 at 08:19 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    I'd read someone testing the "16 stops WDR" is that "HDR'd" alternating ISO thing where movement gets blurry tween those alternating frames

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by wwjd View Post
    I'd read someone testing the "16 stops WDR" is that "HDR'd" alternating ISO thing where movement gets blurry tween those alternating frames
    So something like the RED HDRx system where the camera takes a normal exposure and a second much shorter exposure, and then these two exposures are combined in post like HDR photos.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo View Post
    So something like the RED HDRx system where the camera takes a normal exposure and a second much shorter exposure, and then these two exposures are combined in post like HDR photos.
    Sigma pf has the same feature.

6. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    Sigma pf has the same feature.
    I don't know what to make of the Sigma pf camera. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's going to be a $2,000 camera that needs $3,000 in accessories to make it usable.

7. Collapse Details
    was just going to ask... what else is needed on those Z Cams to make it equal to P4K or GH5? (or even P6K) I think it needs a monitor at a minimum, right?

Looks like 8k for $6k in October. Things are getting amazing!
    ...STILL waiting on Global Shutter

8. Collapse Details
    Z Cam E2G is global shutter, not sure if it is out yet, and "only" going to be 4k.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    Z Cam E2G is global shutter, not sure if it is out yet, and "only" going to be 4k.
    I am wondering if the Z Cam E2G loses 1 stop of dynamic range like the Sony F55 does when in global shutter mode.

10. Collapse Details
    They list it as 12 stops which would be a lot down from their other cameras (except the E2C).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast