Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    XAVC Long GOP 4K 10Bit 4:2:2 200Mbps ANNOUNCED
    https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony...ion-announced/

Sony China announced this today:
    1) PXW-Z750, the ENG Version of HDC-5500, Global Shutter 4K 3CMOS.
    2) New Codec: XAVC Long GOP 4K 10Bit 4:2:2 200Mbps
    FS7 & other

2. Collapse Details
    Forget the codec, it's the camera that is the real news. I've already seen it at NAB and it is killer. 4K, 3-chip, CMOS, global shutter, S-LOG, native B4 mount, with all the bells and whistles of a traditional ENG shoulder-mount camera. This camera will become the go-to camera for sports, wildlife, news, run & gun, etc. I'll have one in my hands soon for testing and I'm already thinking my F55's days might be numbered. I'm so looking forward to getting back to an 22x servo zoom lens. Sadly it won't have variable ND, but I lived without that for 40 years so I'll manage.

3. Collapse Details
    Nice...

I love some of the comments by the ignorant on the Alpharumors sight. Some boob said, "I'm more interested in the global shutter features, Sony finally introduced it in the consumer camcorder, should we expect it to arrive on the a7sIII too?" Someone corrects them and they still said "it will be sold in normal camera stores" and "it is still categorically a consumer camcorder".

4. Collapse Details
    Yeah, pretty ignorant. I don't know what the price will be but I'm sure it will be more than the Z450 which is $25K + EVF + Lens + batteries, etc. A loaded camera is going to be in the $60K - $70K range. Should I pre-order at Best Buy or Walmart?

5. Collapse Details
    Believe it or not, I just got the best price on a new rolling Xeen Lens Case through the Walmart website!
    (they probably had no idea what it was, lol)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Webster View Post
    Believe it or not, I just got the best price on a new rolling Xeen Lens Case through the Walmart website!
    (they probably had no idea what it was, lol)
    I think the Walmart website is more or less a collective commerce site with so much of the stuff on there having nothing to do with Walmart itself. Sorta like some things you buy on Amazon, where it may not be shipped or sold from Amazon. They're just selling it through Amazon.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Jensen View Post
    Yeah, pretty ignorant. I don't know what the price will be but I'm sure it will be more than the Z450 which is $25K + EVF + Lens + batteries, etc. A loaded camera is going to be in the $60K - $70K range. Should I pre-order at Best Buy or Walmart?
    Lol.

I am glad to see that there is still development going on in the big-boy world of ENG cameras.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Jensen View Post
    Forget the codec,
    Doug - can you explain the codec

It would be a step up in a mirrorless, but not as 'good' as the FS7?

9. Collapse Details
    Don't forget that 4K/UHD XAVC-L in the FS7 for example is 8-bit 4:2:0 at 150Mbps. It's not a 4K/UHD 4:2:2 10-bit 200Mbps long GOP codec as this new version of the codec claims to be. Considering the increase from 8-bit to 10-bit and the increase in overall payload with the extra chroma sampling of 4:2:2 it is basically a 4 x increase in data levels, 256 to 1024 to deliver this. On that basis the jump of 50Mbps from 8-bit @ 150Mbps to 10-bit @ 200Mbps doesn't sound like an enormous jump in bit rate to accommodate the increased data payload. The only XAVC-L 4:2:2 10-bit codec in the FS7 is the HD one only.

Chris Young

10. Collapse Details
    I only use the non L codecs in the FS7.

I understand L codecs can be efficient and therefore deliver good quality to bit rate ratio (???)

Im just wondering if potential (Sony mirrorless) B cams will be looking to match better?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast