Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by markfpv View Post
    Interesting. And in that same gallery - you can see how "those awful Sony skin tones " (I'm paraphrasing others) and "horrible highlight retention" make for such a bad image. Look away - look away ...
    A few days ago I stumbled onto an A7RIV review (of sorts), with the talking head video shot on the same A7 RIV. Normally, it is not deemed a videocentric camera, what with the 61 MPX sensor and all (yes, it has an S35 crop). But, I thought that the colors were fine and the image was really good for the hybrid shooters.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    Sony's latest APS-C model A6600 advertises itself as having a 16-bit still converted to the 14-bit.
    I've always seen camcorders do signal processing at a higher bit depth than the final format. The DVX100 had a 12-bit. The HMC150 had 14-bit. Both recorded to 8 bit.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by combatentropy View Post
    I've always seen camcorders do signal processing at a higher bit depth than the final format. The DVX100 had a 12-bit. The HMC150 had 14-bit. Both recorded to 8 bit.
    But, I think, in the olden days, a lot of data was just tossed out before it was compressed. Now, they don't have to do that unless it's a full sensor readout with a lot of shmegapixels.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456