Thread: Fs5 + xt3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    I don't disagree the cameras (Fujifilm/others) are matchable, but you're really making it difficult for yourself not using two Sonys.

People mean well, but they won't be doing it themselves and have no idea how much work you could be creating for yourself. If it's a few shots, sure. But for a documentary? It's not practical to be matching them.

I know you own both and I have repeatedly made the same mistake in my career just to save a few bucks. It's not worth the headache.

I highly recommend watching some videos (there are thousands) on YouTube.

a7III...one of the best and most popular cameras in the world. Not much more than a7SII or a7RII (buying either over the a7III would be a mistake).

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    I don't disagree the cameras (Fujifilm/others) are matchable, but you're really making it difficult for yourself not using two Sonys.

People mean well, but they won't be doing it themselves and have no idea how much work you could be creating for yourself. If it's a few shots, sure. But for a documentary? It's not practical to be matching them.

I know you own both and I have repeatedly made the same mistake in my career just to save a few bucks. It's not worth the headache.

I highly recommend watching some videos (there are thousands) on YouTube.

a7III...one of the best and most popular cameras in the world. Not much more than a7SII or a7RII (buying either over the a7III would be a mistake).
    Thanks for the advice. But aren't all of the Sony A series camera 8 bit? This lack of flexibility concerns me a bit...

3. Collapse Details
    If you watched some samples instead of worrying about the spec you wouldn't have asked that! haha

All of the Sony mirrorless' are 8-bit. But I would rent the camera for a day (if you can) and try it out. You will be surprised.

IMO, the 8-bit vs. 10-bit chit-chats are blown way out of proportion unless you're planning on messing up a lot inside your camera or adding 5 LUTs to your footage.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Here's some inspiration for you...

This entire movie was shot on an 8-bit a7SII:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHAgri92JP8

(The glass they used was very good though.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12