Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Collapse Details
    That's cool we've definitely got different goals - I need a camera that looks better than 720p though. The Fuji has better DR than the Sony A73 which falls apart when you try and use slog with its 8 bit. There is no IBIS with the XT3 but I use a lens with IS when handheld or on a gimbal which doesn't mess with the image like digital IS does. It's all a matter of taste but I prefer the image coming from the Panasonic S1, S1H than the Canon, even more so with V-log.

2. Collapse Details
    A setup like jcs shared is certainly ideal/competent for some scenarios. One that comes to mind is when we are shooting footage for dealerships. I like to have a S35/FF camera setup on a mobile slider for interviews and then a gimbal setup like jcs shared for running around getting a bunch of moving shots. Along with a drone(s) we use those setups to get everything we need and it works well without much set up and tear down.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Some friends wanted to shoot an SNL-like skit they wrote and asked me to shoot it.
    Used this camera rig with the Canon 16-35 F2.8 II in FF mode as there was little room to back up in tight space (wanted to use the RF 24-105 F4L in (crop) 4K). Used FS-CL log profile with auto ISO, auto WB, and AF (only one shot could use a reshoot: I tapped on subject far from camera and it wasn’t perfectly smooth).
    The CMIT5U on camera did a decent job, even with the bath tub shot. For the bath tub close up I had to use Neat Video to remove noise and aliasing (+ add sharpen) as it was 200% post zoom on Canon FF. Mixed lighting with minor post color work.

As a first camera test with this rig indoors in tight space it was easy to hold and worked pretty well.

4. Collapse Details
    Outdoor shoot, same rig (all handheld), this time with the original Filmic Skin profile and zero color post (just minor levels). Two Aputure 672's on batteries through diffusion (umbrella etc.):

Putting the CMIT5U on a boom would improve sound, though happy with results so far since we work fast (and didn't have a boom op).

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567