1. Collapse Details
    10 Bit 422 out without IF Box (F35)
    I have just made a comparison between 10 Bit 422 out from the IF Box SDI out and the main camera body Monitor out SDI and found no difference in the footage at all. Has this been the experience of others? I know the IF box is necessary for dual link connection for 12 Bit 444. But for 10 Bit 422, is the IF box necessary at all?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by RayZan View Post
    I have just made a comparison between 10 Bit 422 out from the IF Box SDI out and the main camera body Monitor out SDI and found no difference in the footage at all. Has this been the experience of others? I know the IF box is necessary for dual link connection for 12 Bit 444. But for 10 Bit 422, is the IF box necessary at all?
    Honestly I dont see why you would see a difference. Its the same signal coming from the same boards, just routing to different parts of the camera. I never saw a difference either at 422 from the IF Box to the side of the camera on my f23

IF box is not mandatory on 422 signals.. could just be a luxury to have 2 clean outs ontop of the monitor outs which can give you data as well, but no, not needed to run.
    Mike Krumlauf
    JSAV A/V Technician
    Denver Tech Center

GEAR
    Apple Mac Pro 8 Core 2008 W/ AJA Kona 3 Dual-Link 4:4:4 Capture Card
    Apple Macbook Pro 15-inch 2007
    Final Cut Studio 3

3. Collapse Details
    Same thing except you will never get menus out of the IF Box signals. So in case you forget to toggle them off they won’t ruin your picture. The ones on the body have the option to be toggled on and off. If you have this on and you turn the menu on, you may forget to turn them off. It’s happened to me. I thought you would have to be too stupid, but it happened.

Fail safe signal record is through the IF Box.