1. Collapse Details
    Experiences renting FS7mkII-level cameras from BorrowLenses et al?
    Feedback Score
    Trying to track down a Sony FS7 mkII & Fujinon MK glass to rent next week (the right camera for this job). The local houses have original mkI versions, but not the mkII. So I'm looking more broadly.

I've rented EF lenses from BorrowLenses, but never anything this expensive. If you have from them or their competitors, how was your experience? Was the kit solid? Everything ready to go? Any serious hickups? Anything for me to think about?

Quality and reliability of package is more important than price.

So what do you all think?

Thanks!

Jim
    PS- Insurance isn't an issue. I'm covered..
    PPS- I'm not considering at Kitsplit at this time
    ----------
    Jim Feeley
    POV Media

2. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    I've rented C100s and C200s from them, when the cameras were brand new, and had no issues. My only issues were originally with shipping, as I found it frustrating to have to stay home for a whole day not knowing when FedEx would deliver. So after the second rental, I just had them ship to a UPS/FedEx store, and I pick up from them directly, which is almost always before noon.
    Lensprotogo was great as well, but slightly more expensive. They do have weekly coupons though, probably because of sharegrid competing with them.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    Borrowlenses is the cheapest, but Lensrentals offers better damage/theft insurance. Lensrentals shipped the gear in Pelican cases, I'm not sure if everyone does that or not.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I use lens rentals fairly often and it's always been a good process. I send them a COI with my order so I'm covered and don't pay extra for damage/theft on their kit.
    "That's what happened to this friend of mine. So he had a lobotomy. Now he's well again."
    http://www.robmneilson.com

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    Thanks all! I placed my order with BorrowLenses on Friday. It arrives here Tuesday AM. One of their two main locations is about 40 miles from me, so they offer low-cost same-day delivery around here. Nothing against Lensrentals et al, but having BL be sorta-local is good for me. The COI process went well (I'm covered for much more than I rented from them), they were helpful on the phone, and so far it's been a good vibe.

I'd still prefer one of our traditional local houses (especially Chater Camera; they're great and are less than two miles from my house), but since BL had what we need, we're going that way...

If I remember, I'll post about how the whole rental experience went. If I don't post, assume it went well... ;-)
    ----------
    Jim Feeley
    POV Media