Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Shutter Off equates to a 360 Shutter Angle.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bern Caughey View Post
    Or does it? Doesn't it depend upon what camera you are using? As noted, "shutter OFF" on a 2/3" camera isn't actually shutter OFF. Do I have that correct? Or does "shutter OFF" on a 2/3" camera equate to 360-degree shutter even though there is still shutter employed?

EDIT: I found this discussion on the subject of shutter.

https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xd...utter-off.html
    Big sources matter.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by plainman007 View Post
    Hi Guys,

How can i get a car in my video to have this shallow DOF. See the sample image ive attached.

I would want to simulate this look on my Panasonic G7. Can you guys advice which lens i should go for ?
    Quote Originally Posted by plainman007 View Post
    Also see this shot...of a person...

Will a 45-150mm panasonic lens MFT be able to get this look ?
    A couple decades ago I would have told you to go learn basic photography. But today's cameras have given us some special tools to visualize this sort of thing, Panasonics, including the G7, especially. So find a person who would like some pictures, in the menus of your G7 find the item CONSTANT PREVIEW and set that to ON. That way, in MANUAL exposure modes ONLY (including in video mode with the dial on top set to the movie cam icon)...

...Easy way: In this video mode touch the red icon on the top left of your LCD. You get 4 options: P, A, S, & M - Touch M and you're there. For stills set the dial on top to M ...

Now, in Manual mode for either stills or video, you can see the actual final result you will get in the EVF as you change settings. Also be sure while setting the CONSTANT PREVIEW to ON you also set EXPO.METER to ON.

With your 45-150 lens set to max zoom and your aperture set to widest open (you'll likely need 4 or 5 stop ND filter here if in daylight) start trying different compositions with your model to find the closest DOF to what you want. The closer you get to your model with the most distance you can manage between model and background elements, the closer you will come to what you want. Your 45-150 can do it if you learn to do your part.

Pretty much everything others posted above is right on. All I've done here is try to put it in practical terms and something specific you can try.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JPNola View Post
    To clarify- on the 2/3" cameras when shutter was set to "OFF" there was still 1/60th shutter happening. But with the Fs7, when shutter is "OFF" there is no shutter happening?

You were talking about your F55 here or a 2/3" camera?:

"when shooting real-time 60fps(news, sports, live, etc.) I do not shoot with the shutter ON(but it’s still 1/60 by default). "
    Quote Originally Posted by Bern Caughey View Post
    With the exception of some of the "frame accumulation" tricks/modes that some cameras have, even when the shutter is OFF or 360 degrees, it will still equate to the reciprocal of the frame rate, i.e: 60 fps will be 1/60s, 24 fps will be 1/24s, 120 fps will be 1/120s, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12