1. Collapse Details
    What light do you think they used for this setup?
    https://youtu.be/Sc4ThWG7h5g?t=81

Super strong and focused beam. Looks like LED or HMI?

2. Collapse Details
    What? You mean the follow spot? Most LED followspots have colour fringing around the beam, which is present in that video. HMI have a pretty sharp projection and minimal fringing. However, cheap HMI's with smaller and less expensive lenses also have the characteristic blue tinge to the edge, produced by the less than perfect lens geometry at the edges. Better ones introduce internal masking to remove the fringed area.
    First place guess - LED, but the brightness Jon that throw suggests HMI - I've got an HMI and an LED working side by side currently. The HMI is a bit brighter and has a very clean edge - the LED is not quit6e so flat a field and has the fringing.

3. Collapse Details
    joleko

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by paulears View Post
    What? You mean the follow spot? Most LED followspots have colour fringing around the beam, which is present in that video. HMI have a pretty sharp projection and minimal fringing. However, cheap HMI's with smaller and less expensive lenses also have the characteristic blue tinge to the edge, produced by the less than perfect lens geometry at the edges. Better ones introduce internal masking to remove the fringed area.
    First place guess - LED, but the brightness Jon that throw suggests HMI - I've got an HMI and an LED working side by side currently. The HMI is a bit brighter and has a very clean edge - the LED is not quit6e so flat a field and has the fringing.
    Yes, referring to the follow spot. The blue tint made me think LED, but curious which LEDs have such a narrow spot?

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Lkorver View Post
    Yes, referring to the follow spot. The blue tint made me think LED, but curious which LEDs have such a narrow spot?
    Could be a Source Four or other ellipsoidal on a powerful fixture(as in the aforementioned JoLeko-Joker with Leko/Source Four barrel & lens). Hive makes an adapter to put Source Four barrels on their C series LED's. Of course, Source Four also makes LED versions of their fixtures, as well.