Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    @QHR,

When on sticks do you reposition the monitor, or leave it there?

2. Collapse Details
    I leave it there. If I go up higher than eye level for a shot, I pivot the LCD down and use that.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickHitRecord View Post
    I leave it there. If I go up higher than eye level for a shot, I pivot the LCD down and use that.
    Hmmm,

I suppose i’ve never done dual lcd, so, i can’t really have an opinion on the matter, except that sometimes it is nice to have a monitor on the back of the camera. Your work may never ask that of you... but also, the C200 is a short body.

4. Collapse Details
    I love working with dual LCDs. Historically, one is a magnified view for focus, and the other is for composition. With the C200, one is for a focusing touchpad, and the other is for composition.

5. Collapse Details
    That makes sense. Especially with a short body camera like a C series or mirroless camera.

Not sure what you mean by “historically” though. Haha. Did they do dual monitors prior to the 2000’s like that?

6. Collapse Details
    Good point. The first field monitor that I even had access to was when the company I was working for purchased the Varicam 2700 in 2009, which was when I discovered how useful a dual monitor setup can be.

Back to top handles, I missed FedEx today but should be able to post pics of the new "mini" SmallRig handle soon.

7. Collapse Details
    Solved!

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

This little top handle is just about perfect. People with large hands may find it unsubstantial. Fortunately, I have medium-sized hands. Positioned as it is in the photos, it will not hit or block the screen, nor does it obstruct the full range of the EVF. It is just enough to comfortably pick the camera up. With this lens, it feels very well balanced to lift and carry. I am really happy with this solution.

As a sidenote, my camera in this configuration weighs a little over 10lbs. Which feels really heavy coming from the C100. It's probably a good thing that I never bought an F35.
    Last edited by QuickHitRecord; 08-16-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123