Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    Resolve can now fix all of those movies.
    Hilarious!

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    Resolve can now fix all of those movies.
    Which instantly makes the Resolve more powerful than the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, who never attained the final cut privilege to any of the Tarkovsky projects.

3. Collapse Details
    I guess it can be handy. Sometimes an edit has a rhythm, checking this with a algorithm can be useful. Or to find the clips that need some attention after a rough cut. Time will find out. I'll stay with V16 until the next version is stable and hope for some user-reviews.

Drawback? The manual is getting bigger and bigger.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Publimix View Post
    Drawback? The manual is getting bigger and bigger.
    I guess there’s no short cuts around that.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Another drawback to this is that the boring detector will take processor cycles away from useful work. Nothing is free.

6. Collapse Details
    I wont lie. Ive never quite understood the idea of editing being rhythmic. You cant just say “the scene will have edits that go short short long short short long.”. It’s a moment to moment thing. what’s right for whats happening at that specific time. I suppose like some of the filmmakers weve joked about you could decide the style a film should be long long takes for the whole film, but there’s also no reason you cant have a five minute reaction shot followed by a series of two second cuts when a fight breaks out. I dunno. Im just a guy typing words on his lunch break.

7. Collapse Details
    I think The Boring Indicator has been introduced to help speed up editing with 3-4 camera shoots, and would be primarily aimed at television production, as was used in the demo Grant Petty did in the “Post Production and Camera Update” video BMD released. The idea is to help editors speed up the process without having to continually go back and forth checking. If an editor is chopping up footage for a producer who likes a pacey product, and pays for a 4 camera shoot it could be a handy feature. The editor can also adjust the length of time if they wish to use this feature.

8. Collapse Details
    I just hope it can be turned off (or maybe off as default) so that it won't consume all of the processor scanning the footage to decide if the action is fast paced or slow paced.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    I just hope it can be turned off (or maybe off as default) so that it won't consume all of the processor scanning the footage to decide if the action is fast paced or slow paced.
    In the BMD video Grant Petty demos the function and shows that it can be turned on or off. Think it's around the 13 min mark of the vid.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1__NOd-jbw&t=876s

EDIT: It seems a live analysis is always on...so I'm not sure how much processing that would involve.
    Last edited by Ned Kelly; 08-13-2019 at 05:14 PM.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    Mentioned this in another post about how not too long ago, people were suggesting that anything longer than a few seconds was too long. I remember one youtube guy telling people to edit every second, no matter what. That was his "style", I don't think that guy is around anymore, or he is off editing Transformers action sequences.
    Transformers? LOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123