Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Wouldn’t demo cams and the like have hours in the system info, or can that data just be deleted?

2. Collapse Details
    I've been dangerously close to putting one of these in the shopping cart. A tipping point toward the purchase, is life for my EF lenses that are getting no current use whatsoever. The P6K is not that much more money than an EF adapter from optitek or metabones would have been for my F55 yet adds the benefit of a second camera angle. Since Canon came out with their new full frame mirrorless mount, is there hope that *any* new camera would support EF mount?

Is the P4k/6k made in China? If so, the price for the P6k which seems a little high is reflecting a U.S. tariff.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel H View Post
    * The best thing about the p6k is that it's putting a lot of pressure on every other camera maker. Bring out another 4k 30fps 8-bit body and we'll laugh you out of the stage.
    Canon launched two 4k 30fps 8-bit bodies yesterday: 90D and M6-II. Sony is about to launch two new 4k 30fps 8-bit bodies today: a6100 and a6600. You can start laughing at them now, or wait for the official press release.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Maybe they made a stills camera?

5. Collapse Details
    Indeed. But they still talk about how great the video side is too. In the case of the a6600, the video features take almost half of the presentation material (here). My p4k looks at them with disdain.

edit: to be fair, Canon doesn't even try: the marketing material doesn't say much about video, just that it shoots "with no crop", which must be what they consider a plus at Canon these days
    Last edited by Samuel H; 08-28-2019 at 03:26 AM.

6. Collapse Details
    Does anyone know if the 4K version of this camera is discontinued? It says it's on backorder everywhere.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by chris f View Post
    Does anyone know if the 4K version of this camera is discontinued? It says it's on backorder everywhere.
    It's not discontinued, it's just so popular that there is a backlog.

8. Collapse Details
    Is anyone seeing or discussing the lack of texture and the glossy dslr look of these new bmpcc 4k and 6k cams. Like I've yet to see any footage with texture to them. The skin on people look as though it has a grain reducer on them and turned all the way up. If anyone else is seeing this can they please elaborate as to what's going on here. I want to like this camera so bad, as it does a lot of great things, but I'm after image and that skin smoothing affect want cut it for narrative work imo.

9. Collapse Details
    I'm not sure what your point of reference is, but I switched from Sony mirrorless to p4k, and the difference in texture is HUGE, in the sense that I can see it with the p4k, whereas the XAVC-S compression killed it in most situations. Then again, I'm shooting cDNG, precisely because BRAW softens the footage and erases textures. And then publish everything on YouTube, which kills textures anyway... XD

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by reem12 View Post
    Is anyone seeing or discussing the lack of texture and the glossy dslr look of these new bmpcc 4k and 6k cams.
    No, I'm not seeing that. While the P6K isn't a perfect camera, I certainly don't have an issue with the actual images.
    @andreemarkefors

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast