Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks Doc',
    Hard to get a read on prevalence..but interesting reading about consumer protection laws in other countries.
    Especially "Ps.in Finland at least the sellers responsibility does not end to the warranty period. If the product has worn faster than normal or it has fault that is because of the design etc. the seller is still responsible. "

2. Collapse Details
    This is extremely bad policy, as I just posted to their forum. They NEED to be able to fix things, and do it reasonably cheaply. How much is a main board for a Panasonic GH5? No you probably can't replace this yourself, but I bet it comes in at less than half the price of a new camera. I bet the IO connector board is only a couople hundred to have replaced.

3. Collapse Details
    Most camera components are inexpensive (sensors begin to climb up in price with size) and, from the teardown videos, the time involved in the repair process is not terribly long. The worst case scenario would be for a company like BMD is to offer a huge trade-in for the choice replacement - with the mileage on a damaged camera being a major variable - while reselling the older unit as "refurbished".

PS. But I still don't believe in scuff marks without any evidence offered.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    ... But I still don't believe in scuff marks without any evidence offered.
    Soooo, apparently, there's plenty of evidence now. A YouTube video + a bunch of photos on a Facebook group page. It's real. The cameras are new but scuff marks are aplenty.

There's no information at the moment whether it was a shipping/packaging or production problem. Cameras otherwise seem to work fine, with the exception of the RF contamination where the colors shift far too much with some ND filters.

5. Collapse Details
    Blackmagic have responded to this on their forum. To quote Kristian Lam:

"We've looked into this and it looks like the shipping couriers have been tossing the boxes and as a result, some cameras got dislodged within the packaging.

We're now wrapping the cameras in foam before shipping from the factory now so it should not be happening and also redesigning the internal packaging to deal with overzealous posties."

This is the thread:
    https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/v...hp?f=2&t=97129

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    Crisis PR

7. Collapse Details
    Have they never shipped anything before?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM3SRG7D21Y

That said, I have had mixed results with package services myself, lately stuff has been in better shape, but I know stuff still gets bashed around in the warehouse.

8. Collapse Details
    Newsshooter has put up their review:

https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/08/...k-review-lite/

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy_Dem View Post
    Blackmagic have responded to this on their forum. To quote Kristian Lam:

"We've looked into this and it looks like the shipping couriers have been tossing the boxes and as a result, some cameras got dislodged within the packaging.

We're now wrapping the cameras in foam before shipping from the factory now so it should not be happening and also redesigning the internal packaging to deal with overzealous posties."

This is the thread:
    https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/v...hp?f=2&t=97129
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    Have they never shipped anything before?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM3SRG7D21Y

That said, I have had mixed results with package services myself, lately stuff has been in better shape, but I know stuff still gets bashed around in the warehouse.
    I have shot at one of the big two US based shipping companies main facilities. It is absolutely amazing when you look at the scale of the operations and the amount of packages that go in and out of these places every single day and in the relatively short time they are turned around. With that being said, we were allowed to go into one of the letís call it a largely automated sorting and distribution area. We were not allowed to shoot inside this area, but could watch. It is amazing that we donít receive more damaged stuff than we do. I lost count of smaller boxes having larger boxes fall on them coming down ramps and breaking them open with the contents of some actually coming out. After seeing a big part of the shipping process first-hand, it scares you, makes you pack stuff you ship better and understand why certain things are triple boxed from my dealer.

Re: the scuffed cameras. What are they going to do about the ones that were damaged in shipping already? They may be functional, but you didnít pay for it to arrive already cosmetically deficient. When I bought a Microforce years ago, it arrived with a chip out of the paint. I made them replace it. I didnít pay thousands of dollars for a new item to arrive in ďused conditionĒ before I ever touched it. Preston was pissed at me, but I didnít care. It was that or lose the sale.
    Last edited by Run&Gun; 08-22-2019 at 08:20 AM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    +1 This is 100 percent fixable with proper packaging on BM's part.
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast