Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Stop record button doesn't work (intermittent)
    I've twice or maybe three times now had a problem where (using approved V60 cards that otherwise work) the camera records but the "stop" record button won't work. The camera just keeps rolling and can't be stopped. I have to turn the camera off and then recover the clip after.

I haven't lost any footage to this yet, but I'm concerned for the future.

Known error?

Random glitch?

Issue with the cards?

Should I send the camera in for service?

Twice in the past I've had problems that were just quirks of Adobe's decoding or a faulty card, so I don't want to blame the camera again.

Thanks!

2. Collapse Details
    Haven’t seen it on mine - maybe try a different brand of card. Maybe try a camera reset?

3. Collapse Details
    Almost definitely a card issue.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

4. Collapse Details
    Using Start/Stop button on camera body or on handle?

When you recover the footage does the recorded clip include the extra recording time after you originally pressed the start/stop button?

I'm assuming the 'record' indicator in the viewfinder stayed on through all this?

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by OnSet View Post
    Using Start/Stop button on camera body or on handle?

When you recover the footage does the recorded clip include the extra recording time after you originally pressed the start/stop button?

I'm assuming the 'record' indicator in the viewfinder stayed on through all this?
    Camera body to record, then nothing will stop.

And yes, I believe it does, but didn't check carefully.

And yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    Almost definitely a card issue.
    What cards actually work with this camera? I've tried a number of V90 cards and V60 cards and had problems with all of them but one, but a few of them were open box and those I don't trust, though they tested at stated speeds.

Oddly 150Mbps on a V30 card seemed to work okay. :/ I believe this was an issue even at 150Mbps with a 1667X Lexar card.

But it probably was a card issue. Only happened with this card I believe. Others just weren't recognized as SDXC etc.
    Last edited by Amulet Man; 08-05-2019 at 08:24 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    First off, make sure you have the latest firmware in the camera. Available for download on the Panasonic website. With each new firmware the error correction and card communication interface is tweaked and improved. The changes come because card manufacturers have variances so we constantly test to better optimize to them.

Only cards Panasonic can officially state are our own. That's just because we have no control over what another manufacturer does. With that said, I know many have had great success using Angelbird.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Amulet Man View Post
    What cards actually work with this camera? I've tried a number of V90 cards and V60 cards and had problems with all of them but one, but a few of them were open box and those I don't trust, though they tested at stated speeds.
    As someone who has had zero problems with cards in my EVA1, I find it strange that you've had problems with 'most' of yours. Are all of your cards at least 64gb UHS-II with decent record speeds?

As others have mentioned, I've been happy with the Angelbird v90 cards I own. I use them as my primary record media. But I've also had no issues with other UHS-II cards I own -- Toshiba Exceria Pro / Sony "G" series / Prograde v90. My clients like the quality (and reduced upload/xfer times) of 150 mbps so I shoot at that speed most of the time. I also dual record most of the time. On the rare occasion that I need to shoot a lot of 400mbps footage, I sometimes use the (no 'v' rating) Exceria or G cards in the second slot. The camera lets me know when set at 400-I that the media may not be supported (because it doesn't have a proper 'v' rating) but I get no recording errors with it.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by OnSet View Post
    As someone who has had zero problems with cards in my EVA1, I find it strange that you've had problems with 'most' of yours. Are all of your cards at least 64gb UHS-II with decent record speeds?

As others have mentioned, I've been happy with the Angelbird v90 cards I own. I use them as my primary record media. But I've also had no issues with other UHS-II cards I own -- Toshiba Exceria Pro / Sony "G" series / Prograde v90. My clients like the quality (and reduced upload/xfer times) of 150 mbps so I shoot at that speed most of the time. I also dual record most of the time. On the rare occasion that I need to shoot a lot of 400mbps footage, I sometimes use the (no 'v' rating) Exceria or G cards in the second slot. The camera lets me know when set at 400-I that the media may not be supported (because it doesn't have a proper 'v' rating) but I get no recording errors with it.
    I first tried two open box Sony v90s; one was recognized as SDXC, the other simply wasn't. A separate Lexar 2000X wasn't recognized as SDXC either. The camera simply refused to write to them, either in 150Mbps or 400Mbps. I couldn't record footage to them at all. I think one of the two Sony cards actually works 100% fine and the other doesn't, not 100% sure.

The cards at least looked totally legit and were from Amazon. In Black Magic disk test, results were consistent with stated speed. Except the Sony card that doesn't work ramps up to its target speed slower than the one that does work. Really bizarre.

I could record 150Mbps HEVC to regular SD cards, however, provided they were relatively high speed.

I then bought a new Lexar 1667X. It works fine except I had the above problem twice. Couldn't stop record.

Firmware is new as of a couple weeks ago.

I'll try AngelBird next.
    Last edited by Amulet Man; 08-06-2019 at 07:31 AM.

9. Collapse Details
    Panasonic cards should probably be the next choice at this point, ha.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Panasonic cards should probably be the next choice at this point, ha.
    That might be my next step. They're expensive though!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast