Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Wide angle to pair with Fujinon MK zooms?
    I've got the Fujinon MK cinezooms and I love these lenses. Currently I pair them with an EF mount 16-35 f2.8 canon, with the metabones speed booster EF-E adapter. This nets me an extreme wide angle, a little zoom, but I don't have the manual controls like I do on my Fuji's...

Does anyone have any input on an alternative lens to fill this spot? I recall tokina used to make an E mount, cine, 11-16 2.8 - but I think the zoom range is too limiting compared to what I have now

-Wes
    www.vanheestvisual.com
    FS7 / A7Sii Owner / Operator
    MoVi Pro

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
    I've got the Fujinon MK cinezooms and I love these lenses. Currently I pair them with an EF mount 16-35 f2.8 canon, with the metabones speed booster EF-E adapter. This nets me an extreme wide angle, a little zoom, but I don't have the manual controls like I do on my Fuji's...

Does anyone have any input on an alternative lens to fill this spot? I recall tokina used to make an E mount, cine, 11-16 2.8 - but I think the zoom range is too limiting compared to what I have now

-Wes
    Tokina 16-28, but that range will overlap your Fuji 18-55mm.

I own the Fuji MK 18-55mm and pair it with the Tokina 11-16mm Cine-version. I also own the Rokinon 12mm Cine that I purchased prior to getting the Tokina 11-16 Cine. I end up using the Roki more than the Tokina because the Roki is easier to carry around than the Tokina. Smaller and lighter weight.

It is rare that I need or want anything wider than 18mm on s35.
    Big sources matter.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    The closest I can think of is the Tokina 16-28mm which is full frame, and available in EF mount so you could pair it with your speed booster:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...28mm_t3_0.html
    New Website: www.liamhall.net
    TWITTER: @FilmLiam
    INSTAGRAM: @picsbyliam

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JPNola View Post
    It is rare that I need or want anything wider than 18mm on s35.
    Funny. Lately, I almost always need wider than 18mm on my FS7. I would also vote for trying out the Tokina 16-28mm. I have the first cinema version in EF mount and tend to use it mostly with the Metabones SB Ultra on my FS7 - giving me an approx 11 - 20mm range that would work nicely with the Fuji's.

And now just saw Liam's post after posting mine....

5. Collapse Details
    Tokina have a new cine version of their 11-20mm T3 which is really nicely put together. VERY well priced too. For a wide addition to a kit of MKs, I think it’d be pretty perfect, you’ll have 11-135mm at T/3.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Grug View Post
    Tokina have a new cine version of their 11-20mm T3 which is really nicely put together. VERY well priced too. For a wide addition to a kit of MKs, I think it’d be pretty perfect, you’ll have 11-135mm at T/3.
    I’ll second this. the 11-20 is a great lens & fits the range you’re looking for.

7. Collapse Details
    I have the Dulcos 11-16, 2.8, PL mount with Metabones PL-E. Third one I have owned, and it has never failed me for the wide shot. Used it for a lot of big boat interiors. Will be selling my FS7 MK2 so the lens and adapter are in the classified, if you are interested.

Also use my GM 16-35 and love that lens as well.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Grug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdogdylan View Post
    I’ll second this. the 11-20 is a great lens & fits the range you’re looking for.
    Thanks, fellas. I forgot about this lens! The 11-20 T3 Tokina Seems like exactly what I'd be looking for. Should feel just like my speed booster / canon 16-35 combo. There's also certainly some thought to be had about buying it in E mount or PL mount. Since my zooms are E, it's nice to have a full ecosystem like that... but if I left the PL mount attached to it, then I have a PL mount and don't need to rent one when proper cine primes are at hand.

Tough to get rid of that canon lens though, it finds a home on my a7sii quite often.

Thanks for the input on my ever-changing fs7 setup. Just when you thought you had it dialed....
    www.vanheestvisual.com
    FS7 / A7Sii Owner / Operator
    MoVi Pro

9. Collapse Details
    ^ I feel your pain. I was skeptical of investing in E mount glass when I purchased my FS7 when it first came out... and do enjoy the flexibility of using speed booster with my Canon glass. But purchasing E mount now (has it been nearly 5 years later?? ) seems to make more sense to me than EF mount...(the Venice having e mount sort of sealed the deal for me) and since using the Sony 18-110 f/4 on a lot of shoots this past year, those G series lenses (and the Sigma's in E) are starting to pull me in that direction... If I needed primes - I would certainly be considering the new Tokina's as well.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by markfpv View Post

And now just saw Liam's post after posting mine....
    And I've just seen JP's post above mine lol.
    New Website: www.liamhall.net
    TWITTER: @FilmLiam
    INSTAGRAM: @picsbyliam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast