Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_moore View Post
    Yes Hawkwoods make a plate with 2 dtaps maybe 3.

Most of my stuff- atomos SmallHd small leds etc have a 2.5mm power input

My cables are mainly the same Dtap to 2.5

I usually have 3 monitors going on set - operator- puller - anyone else

Hawkwoods also make a four up charger which helps reduce cable hell
    That sounds like a cool setup!

2. Collapse Details
    Rolux is making a camera handle that is a battery, and has p-tap and usb power out.

Tilta has a V-mount to Sony L (NP-F). Primarily designed for the z cam.

3. Collapse Details
    A handle that contains a battery pack is a good idea if you can get enough voltage and current to be worth the effort.

4. Collapse Details
    It’s a pretty fat handle.

5. Collapse Details
    For my occasional BTS/EFP type shoulder rig shooting with the C200, I have a Wooden V-Mount plate for the C200 (it's actually an IDX plate) and I have ran the camera, the Ninja Blade and the Zacuto EVF Pro all off of one V-Mount.
    I wanted the smallest, lightest, cheapest V-Mounts I could find so I bought a pair of Chinese no name 90Wh V-Mounts off of Amazon for $99.00 each. So far, they have worked really well. I rarely use this setup which is why I went
    with the cheap stuff over good stuff like AB or IDX batteries. I like these cheap Chinese V-Mounts, I can power my Kamerar Brightcast LEDs, my Aputure Lightstorms from them as well. V-Mounts are great.

Back in the Betacam/DSR500/F900 days, I used only Anton Bower Gold Mounts, they are good batteries but not cheap, even the chargers are pretty expensive. I think they are better but for as often as I use them,
    not worth spendng the coin. If I relied on them every day, like Run&Gun, I would invest in AB batteries and chargers.
    Last edited by puredrifting; 08-24-2019 at 08:16 AM.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

6. Collapse Details
    The no name batts are only bad if you get them from sharegrid or some unreputable rental house. But if you own them, you can monitor theirperformance on a case by case basis.

I’ve had several no names just crap out without warning. But they were all rented or borrowed.

7. Collapse Details
    When the “Chinese” and knockoff batteries really hit the market en mass with Li-ion batts a decade or so ago, I was 100% set against them for two reasons. 1) I didn’t trust them and 2) They were all still too small and light for my taste on a camera back then(even today the smallest I put on my big cameras are 190’s for the capacity and weight balance, but usually use the 230’s I have). But they did get the capacity up fairly quickly and some of my friends started buying Inik’s, which was by my research, a Canadian company(don’t remember right now who they got the cells from). They actually ended up being insanely good batteries. I ended up buying two 65wh’s for my audio bag bag in 2011, I believe, and they are still alive and kicking today. A friend may have some bigger ones that he bought for his camera way before I bought mine, still going. But the charger only lasted a few years. I opened it up and it was what amounted to an AC power supply that you’d plug into a wall, stuffed in a case with the tip plugged/glued into a connection inside it.

8. Collapse Details
    I am somewhat in aw of the 270wh batts i see floating around these days. Pretty compact.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    I am somewhat in aw of the 270wh batts i see floating around these days. Pretty compact.
    Yep. About the same size as our old 65WH NiCad’s, but about four times the juice. The CoreSWX XL is 293WH and weighs two pounds less than my old A/B 65WH NiCad’s.

10. Collapse Details
    With these smaller 12v batteries and relatively high wh ratings, i am thinking i can make a F35 to fit an internal battery.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234