Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    NEX 18-200 OSS lens and FS7 4k
    This is the older silver 18-200 from my FS700. I like this lens because its light and the autofocus is pretty good. But is it ok for FS7 4k? What's the consensus?

2. Collapse Details
    I think it is OK for what it is.

Obviously you can have stuff pass the frame, shoot in extreme backlight, have your subject offcentre etc. But a lit subject walking towards you at 135.. you are going to drop focus manually and this lens could possibly out do you.

135 walk towards..
    MF 5/10 takes you will hit it.
    AF 7/10 takes you will hit it.

3. Collapse Details
    I would imagine with the SEL 18-200 Silver Bullet off the FS700 it would work like the SELP 18-200 on the FS7 which for what the lens is not too bad. As an aside the other interesting thing to note is that unlike the SELP 18-105 you can run this lens in Cine EI UHD/4K with lens compensation ON or OFF. I can see no difference in verticals with the compensation turned on or off which is a bonus which allows you run monitor LUTS if needed. No auto focus though as that is disabled in Cine EI. Not the go to 4K lens for sure but if you need the reach an 11 x zoom pretty useful as there is nothing close to these two 18-200 lenses with that sort reach for anything close to the price these lenses sell for. Also don't forget on the FS7 in HD you can use S16 Center Crop which gives you a long 36-400mm length zoom on either the SEL or SELP 18-200.

Chris Young