1. Collapse Details
    Useful item. SOS Silicone Tape
    Just thought some of you might be interested.

A while ago I came across something I hadn't seen before. Think I might have heard of it but not seen it. It is the most useful little item to have around. It is called SOS Silicone Tape. It is fantastic for clean and tidy cabling on rigs, wiring jobs, sealing and numerous other applications. My first use for it was to reinforce that pathetic cable output of the FS7 VF screen. That cable is very prone to over flexing and breaking the cables inside as a few shooters have discovered. Stretched three wraps of this tape around the output cable and it now has a much more secure feel. Stretch and self grip is the magic part of this tape. Any bending of the VF cable now curves it through a much larger gentler radius helping to avoid those deadly right angle bends that can be applied to the cable if not careful. Still all very flexible though. The stuff grips to itself like crap to a blanket. Doesn't attract dust and leaves absolutely no residue when removed. Finding it very useful for securing those horrible flimsy HDMI cables on the A7 III cage. Just love the stuff. I got it at an ALDI store. Brits and Euros would know that store pretty well but it or something similar must be available Stateside. Three meters for a paltry A$5.00? Worth every penny of it!

Chris Young

20190720_181618.jpg20190720_181831.jpg

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Nice! I’ll pick some up when I see it. So random that they stock it in Aldi!

Jason
    ----------------
    Freelance Site: www.Opticalism.com/jason
    Company Site: www.Opticalism.com
    Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/jasonbrooks/videos
    Africa Blog: www.Opticalism.com/travels

Sum Ergo Edo.

3. Collapse Details
    That's ALDI for you. Here today and maybe back in 24 months!

Chris Young