Thread: UMP or EVA1?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos13 View Post
    Agreed, although I actually do like BM's color science, but there are just to many potential issues (QC & fixed pattern noise being major ones, there are many threads/discussions on this). Some of this is not user error. The UMP does have FPN issues. Some people have received units that are clearly defective (e.g., randomly shutting off or not turning on). I thought about buying a G2 when it was announced, but based on BM's camera release history, I know better then to buy a camera from them (this is jus my opinion). The G2 does tick off a lot of boxes and has been a great camera for a lot of people that have received good units. So I'm not necessarily telling Jeffery not to buy the UMP because of this, but to exercise due diligence before he makes a purchase.

And as Onset mentioned, the EVA and Varicams can produce gorgeous footage, and which look you prefer is largely subjective.

Jeffrey: when are you thinking of buying?
    I was going to buy soon. But now think I just might rent. There seems to be some good online rental prices and I will be using it for a few weeks to make a low budget movie.

2. Collapse Details
    P.S. Not the UMP, but this is one of the more crazier deals I've seen in my time (especially with the EVF).

This bundle was the same price just a few weeks ago, but now B&H has added a $749 battery/power bundle to the entire package - which includes two bricks, a charger and a V-mount plate.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...k_digital.html

Only "negative" is it's a PL-mount (which is the reason for the low price because only the 1% buy PL cameras).

BM 4.6K.jpg

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    P.S. Not the UMP, but this is one of the more crazier deals I've seen in my time (especially with the EVF).

This bundle was the same price just a few weeks ago, but now B&H has added a $749 battery/power bundle to the entire package - which includes two bricks, a charger and a V-mount plate.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...k_digital.html

Only "negative" is it's a PL-mount (which is the reason for the low price because only the 1% buy PL cameras).

BM 4.6K.jpg
    Yeah that is a really good deal.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jefferypeterson View Post
    Yeah that is a really good deal.
    na.. old sensor. The G2 is quite improved. There's a reason why it's so cheap.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Clermond View Post
    na.. old sensor. The G2 is quite improved. There's a reason why it's so cheap.
    It's the same sensor...just has been improved. (At least according to people on the inside.)

And, yes; the reason that it's so cheap is because of the PL mount (as I mentioned). The UM 4K was released in 2015 (it has a 2014 sensor) and hasn't dropped a single penny. I've never even seen the camera discounted for a special.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...al_cinema.html

6. Collapse Details
    Can’t you swap out the mounts, or is that only on the Pro? The EF Mount is only $175.

7. Collapse Details
    UMP (and you can use it on the URSA Broadcast too).

8. Collapse Details
    Was at San Diego Comic-Con yesterday and during the Impractical Jokers show for TruTV, they were using 3 Ursa Broadcast cameras: 2 on sticks and the 3rd up on stage.

9. Collapse Details
    Another factor is when using or buying multiple cameras . I’ve heard the Ursa has had inconsistent sensors between units.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123