Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
  1. Collapse Details
    The Pocket has like 40+ things better than the 1DX Mark II, but that darn AF is still #1 for me so I wouldn't choose over it...but literally everything else is better on the BM.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    FWIW, Sigma pf will have a dual exposure in order to achieve high dynamic range. Red experimented with it as well but had some problems with frame blending, IIRC. I remember NorBro explaining to me how it worked. Not ARRI but doable for the no-motion sequences. How pf will fare with this technology is currently known only to Sigma's executives.
    Oh, I was able to get the frame blending motion artifact on my iPhone. I think most higher end phones are using some sort of frame blending for higher dynamic range photos.

3. Collapse Details
    The new RX100 has two very nice improvements: it has a mic jack, which was definitely needed because without it you can't use it for vlogging, and it has eye-detect AF in video mode, which is barely useful in a camera that has a 2.7x crop factor and a f/2.8-4 lens, but hey, it appeared first in the a7r4 and now here, so I guess it's standard for all new Sony models going forward, and that is good news.

Then again... I'm color grading a piece in which I used both my current p4k and my previous Sony, and really, I can't see myself going back to that codec. Sure, the Sony I'm using is not the latest and greatest (it's an RX100IV) but the problem is with the codec itself, and that hasn't changed yet. The loss of detail in the shadows is awful, it feels like the difference in dynamic range is much, much bigger than the less-than-one-stop that I measured in controlled static tests. Hair detail in brunettes makes the comparison just like day and night. I'm falling in love with barely-compressed-RAW and I'm not sure there's a way out of this.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    Oh, I was able to get the frame blending motion artifact on my iPhone. I think most higher end phones are using some sort of frame blending for higher dynamic range photos...
    Every camera that I know of does multiple exposures over and beyond its native dynamic range capabilities. Of course, a camera with 14 stops in Raw needs that rarely other than for effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel H View Post
    The new RX100 has two very nice improvements: it has a mic jack, which was definitely needed because without it you can't use it for vlogging, and it has eye-detect AF in video mode, which is barely useful in a camera that has a 2.7x crop factor and a f/2.8-4 lens, but hey, it appeared first in the a7r4 and now here, so I guess it's standard for all new Sony models going forward, and that is good news....
    I watched the Fro review. I think his summary was very succinct ~ it's for a a well heeled vacationer.

5. Collapse Details
    Nikon Rumors think that the 61 MPX sensor is for sale and will appear in - possible name -Z8. They also think there'll be Z 3, 4 and 9.

They're not sure about the Star Wars prequels.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    Nikon Rumors think that the 61 MPX sensor is for sale and will appear in - possible name -Z8. They also think there'll be Z 3, 4 and 9.

They're not sure about the Star Wars prequels.
    And possibly 15MP Quad Bayer Z5.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112