1. Collapse Details
    Does EVA1 USB Port Send Power to Accessories?
    Specifically, could I connect to a Tilta Nucleus N follow focus (powered by micro USB). Thanks.

2. Collapse Details
    There are some third party batteries that have an extra power output plug - such as
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...led_gauge.html
    or
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...EaAl--EALw_wcB

(Neither of these is 5v USB power, so you'd probably need to adapt...)

Though the camera itself does have a USB 2.0 Host plug, I personally wouldn't use it for power. (Plus I keep my wi-fi adapter for linking with the ROP app plugged into it all the time.)

If I needed USB power for something I'd probably rig up one of my inexpensive USB power portable chargers (there are some small ones that look like a lipstick tube and weigh almost nothing) and attach to my cheese plate or off the back of the handle.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks. I was hoping the host port could power a FF and/or wireless HDMI. Those sound like viable options, too, but for future projects, perhaps. For now I'll stick with a manual FF.

4. Collapse Details
    The USB port on the EVA1 is not meant to power such devices. It is designed to power the WM50 wifi adapter or one of several USB-to-Ethernet adapters available from 3rd parties.

Separate to that, the Nucleus N is not best powered by a 5v source. It is rated from something like 4v-17v, and if you power it off a 5v source the motor will be slow to respond and may not have the power to push many lenses. It is much better working from a 12v o 14.4v power source. At my request, Indypro Tools makes a Micro USB-to-PTap cable specifically for use with the Nucleus N. This works great for the motor and if you get a pair of cables it can also be used to power the hand controller.

If you wish to keep the EVA1 kit very compact, CoreSWX makes a battery that mounts in the EVA1's battery slot and features a 12v PTap out the back. That PTap is rated at 20w of draw, which is plenty to run the Nucleus N.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    I have lost two EVA Core batteries due to them shorting out from a single Nucleus motor. I contacted the manufacturer and was told that the battery's max output is 1Amp (12w). For reference, 20w=1.66A

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    If you wish to keep the EVA1 kit very compact, CoreSWX makes a battery that mounts in the EVA1's battery slot and features a 12v PTap out the back. That PTap is rated at 20w of draw, which is plenty to run the Nucleus N.
    FS7 | EVA1 | Fujinon Cabrio 19-90 | Zeiss CP.2 Set EF+PL
    Espionage Films | Cinematographer | Los Angeles
    DaveDP.com

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dcarstens View Post
    I have lost two EVA Core batteries due to them shorting out from a single Nucleus motor. I contacted the manufacturer and was told that the battery's max output is 1Amp (12w). For reference, 20w=1.66A
    Would that be the regular Nucleus motor or the little motor that comes with the Nucleus N? The Nucleus N motor is much smaller than the regular Nucleus motor.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dcarstens View Post
    I've had some issues with CSWX batteries in the past and they were always good at addressing them/fixing them, but I'd raise some hell over that. They list the specs on their website as 2 amps/24w for the power tap on the Panasonic compatible batts.

A normal power tap on a "big battery" or battery plate is at least 10 amps.

8. Collapse Details
    Looking back at what you wrote, I see you reported that CoreSWX rated the PTap at just 1amp, or 12w. This is not correct unless they’ve changed things. When the battery was released it was 2amp, or 24w. I should know, I’m the one who asked them to make it.

Checking the CoreSWX website, it clearly states that the PTap is 2amp, 24w.
    https://www.coreswx.com/store.coresw...ct/nano-vbr98/
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager