Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    I got it to work by changing my GPU settings from Metal to OpenCL. I don't understand why that would make a difference, as the other videos rendered correctly with Metal. Anyway, I'm just glad that my clips are finally deinterlaced.

Thank you everyone for your help and recommendations.

P.S. I played around a little more with Fusion, and unfortunately couldn't get the deinterlacing scaling to work, but I discovered that Fusion has some some denoise features. I did a quick test, but it didn't seem to produce any better results than blurring the chroma in a layer node on the color page.

2. Collapse Details
    Now that I've got all my clips deinterlaced, I think that I actually figured out the Fusion deinterlacing scaling issue. In Resolve's project settings, set the resolution at 1920x1080, set scaling to "stretch to all corners," import your 1440x1080 60i source material, confirm that clip attributes input scaling is set to square. On the Fusion page, right click, select Add Tool/ Miscellaneous/ Fields. I'm going off of memory, so hopefully I didn't miss any steps.

3. Collapse Details
    I always got better results when I converted the material to the smaller frame size at the same time. I don't know if you are using a two process method - interlace, then shrink. Adobe's Media Encoder would get me from 1080p to 576i in one step. Not the same as this question, but much of my work is from SD and 1080 HD files, and I actually edit in 720 - which seems to give the best upscaling and down scaling balance. Then it goes to DVD.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123