Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Maybe I'm not reading this correctly (so please forgive me if this isn't what you're looking to do), but it seems to me that instead of trying to CROP it somehow, why don't you just drop it into a 16:9 timeline and then export?

e.g. (if using Premiere)

- duplicate your finished timeline
    - change settings on your new timeline to 16:9 (1920x1080, 1280x720, or whatever)
    - select your first letter boxed clip on the timeline and use Position and Scale to fit the clip as needed
    - select this clip, copy (ctrl/cmd + C)
    - next select all other clips that need to be affected, right-click and select Paste Attributes
    - export

2. Collapse Details
    It's a standard-definition camera and what he/she recorded - if I remember correctly - is a 4:3 image with black bars burned into it. So it looks 16:9 in a 4:3 box (again, IIRC). There is also a "squeeze" mode but I don't remember the resolution of it. But I think that may have been the better choice for 16:9 playback.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanik View Post
    Maybe I'm not reading this correctly (so please forgive me if this isn't what you're looking to do), but it seems to me that instead of trying to CROP it somehow, why don't you just drop it into a 16:9 timeline and then export?

e.g. (if using Premiere)

- duplicate your finished timeline
    - change settings on your new timeline to 16:9 (1920x1080, 1280x720, or whatever)
    - select your first letter boxed clip on the timeline and use Position and Scale to fit the clip as needed
    - select this clip, copy (ctrl/cmd + C)
    - next select all other clips that need to be affected, right-click and select Paste Attributes
    - export
    +1

Good advice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12