Thread: Sigma fp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Sigma fp
    "fp" stands for Fortissimo Pianissimo ... but it's hard to tell why since it's not a piano but a camera ... in a box ...

https://www.canonwatch.com/industry-...source=twitter

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    A nice intro piece by Matt Allard.

https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/07/...stills-hybrid/

It has auto focus in a stills mode but no word on video. Yet.

3. Collapse Details
    External CDNG on a Video Assist 4K...that is unusual, but cool! (And Ninja Inferno too.) I wonder if that means Blackmagic will bring back CDNG to their cameras as an external option.

No 4K/60p.

A lot there though...but no price yet.

4. Collapse Details
    I'm less excited about this actual individual camera and more about what it means.

Sigma as a new player could be huge. They have been king of high quality for very reasonable prices. They could be a new "BMD" in the industry space.

I also think this modular model pushes us forward into the future a bit more. This new entry can only mean good things.

This has been a very interesting 2 years for camera developments with the EVA1, GH5s, S1, S1H, Pocket 4K, and now this. Really excited to see Sigma in the camera business, and happy to see them take a different approach that doesn't just feel like the S1, Sigma style.

5. Collapse Details
    Sigma has made a camera before, but this is the first of its kind focused more on modern day specs and desires (obviously especially video).

6. Collapse Details
    I’d be more enthusiastic about sensor in a box designs, if they had open to thrid party ergonomic controllers. So that i could easily design third part ergonimcs and controls every time they make a new sensor with 2% better image, so i can keep chasing the rainbow.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    ... A lot there though...but no price yet.
    It ought to be competing with the Pocket 4K and RP price-wise. It won't be. But, in the $1,500-$1,700 territory, they'd have to compete with XT-3 and even Z6. And, by then, Z6 might have the external ProRes Raw enabled. Then there's Z-cam for $2,000. Very congested market.

Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Sigma has made a camera before, but this is the first of its kind focused more on modern day specs and desires (obviously especially video).
    They'll probably release a new 60 MPX Foveon cam with L-mount too. But that's only a stills camera, which is quickly going out of style.

That sensor does have the best colors though.

Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    I’d be more enthusiastic about sensor in a box designs, if they had open to thrid party ergonomic controllers. So that i could easily design third part ergonimcs and controls every time they make a new sensor with 2% better image, so i can keep chasing the rainbow.
    It's the same sensor as Z6, S1/H and Z-cam.

8. Collapse Details
    $2200-$2600 is my price guess, and I’ll guess to the lower range of that bracket. I wouldn’t even be super surprised to see it hit $1999.

9. Collapse Details
    One thing that might place it apart from others is the HDR mode in video. Then again, while it might have the external Cinema DNG, it might not have the best codec internally. And $2,000 gets you the Z-cam and Erik's personal guarantee.

10. Collapse Details
    An "F-P" in music is a suddenly loud sting of music, followed by an immediate fade to a softer level.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast