1. Collapse Details
    How to sync MixPre3 and EVA1
    Do I need a timecode slate to sync them?

2. Collapse Details
    Haven't tried it myself (I have an older/original Mix Pre that doesn't have record feature) -- but you should be able to get timecode from the camera to the MixPre3 via an HDMI cable or via a BNC => Aux adapter cable, or from a tentacle system using an adapter cable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQmKJI1ZoZA

3. Collapse Details
    The 3.5mm AUX/MIC port can be switched in the MixPre3 to Timecode In. Run a BNC to 3.5mm cable from the EVA1 Timecode port (right below the SDI video out port) to the MixPre3 AUX port. Set the camera’s Timecode to output in Free Run and the audio recorder to slave sync to the external Timecode.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    How much worse (or better) would a MixPre D running into the camera's XLRs sound? Just out of curiosity.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Amulet Man View Post
    How much worse (or better) would a MixPre D running into the camera's XLRs sound? Just out of curiosity.
    I can't do a direct comparison, but for doc & corporate interviews we often go straight from my old mix pre into the EVA1 (xlr line level). Sound quality has always been great -- no complaints at all.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by OnSet View Post
    I can't do a direct comparison, but for doc & corporate interviews we often go straight from my old mix pre into the EVA1 (xlr line level). Sound quality has always been great -- no complaints at all.
    Thank you. I actually don't own either recorder/mixer yet but am deciding between them. I assume you can run line level out of the MixPre3, too, except it's 1/8. Would this sound as good? I've heard mixed (no pun intended) things about the MixPre3's preamps, nothing bad, just that they aren't the same preamps as the 702, which is my reference.

This is for small projects with a crew of two or three. Will likely just go with the MixPre D and rent when dual system sound is needed.

7. Collapse Details
    Would running a Mix Pre 3 to the EVA1 sound as good as running a Mix Pre D? I usually don't need dual system sound, but... sometimes I'd like it. I don't think the 3 has XLR audio out, just 1/8". The MixPre D has XLR out at line and mic level.

Or I suppose I could always run dual system.
    Last edited by Amulet Man; 07-15-2019 at 09:14 PM.