Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwolf View Post
    Pretty much the same here. I had considered Red, but the C500 II just makes more economical sense. I'm already invested in a bunch of Canon glass, and my work doesn't call for a Red. 6K CRL will likely be overkill for most of my projects anyway, but atleast it will be relativly future proof, and it should be a capable camera that can shoot everything from event coverage to feature narrative.
    After a lot of C200 RAW shooting, I can say that if you know how to light and have good production design, talent, wardrobe, etc. very few clients can tell the difference between shot on C200 RAW, RED or Arri. And the C500 MKII looks considerably better than the C200 sensor. We may be able to tell the differences, but I'm amazed at what even some high end commercial clients consider beautiful.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Isn't that sort of what the CN E Servo zooms are? Not FF but will work beautifully on the C500 MKII.
    What canon lacks is something like the Sony E PZ 18-110 - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ount_lens.html
    Essentially a powered "cinema" lens at a reasonable price. The CN zooms are quite a bit more expensive, and only S35 i believe.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwolf View Post
    What canon lacks is something like the Sony E PZ 18-110 - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ount_lens.html
    Essentially a powered "cinema" lens at a reasonable price. The CN zooms are quite a bit more expensive, and only S35 i believe.
    Is this the lens I've seen reports of it breaking because of weak parts and Sony saying tough luck?
    Great range though.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Isn't that sort of what the CN E Servo zooms are? Not FF but will work beautifully on the C500 MKII.
    Sort of. Sony is releasing what looks like cinema-mod of their 16-35 2.8 G-Master lens as https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...5mm_t_3_1.html T3.1 is a pretty big step up from 4.4, presuming quality holds. They also hint that they'll make the whole holy trinity set (ie., + 24-70 and 70-200) in this format. Price isn't announced and the G-master glass isn't cheap to begin with.

Sigma FE 24-70 F2.8 Art was just released and it's only $1,100 and it should work with the FX-9 auto focus very well (it works almost as good as the native glass with their stills models).

5. Collapse Details
    I'd sell my two C200 bodies TODAY if they release a RF adapter for the C500II

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Sánchez Becerra View Post
    I'd sell my two C200 bodies TODAY if they release a RF adapter for the C500II
    Can't you just use the "regular" adapter?

7. Collapse Details
    The thing is RF glass, we need a RF interchangeable mount for it

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal_Parvex View Post
    Can't you just use the "regular" adapter?

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Sánchez Becerra View Post
    The thing is RF glass, we need a RF interchangeable mount for it
    I’m very curious how much distance there is between the back of the EF flange, and the ND mechanism, and how that compares to what’s needed to build an RF mount for this camera. Part of me says that if they could have, they would have. The other “somewhere over the rainbow” part of me hopes canon has an “...and one more thing” up its sleeve.

9. Collapse Details
    It makes more sense for them to just release 500 MKII in RF mount ... but not for about a year.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry G View Post
    I’m very curious how much distance there is between the back of the EF flange, and the ND mechanism, and how that compares to what’s needed to build an RF mount for this camera. Part of me says that if they could have, they would have. The other “somewhere over the rainbow” part of me hopes canon has an “...and one more thing” up its sleeve.
    If Canon wants to, there should be absolutely no problem building an RF mount camera with built-in ND. E(18mm)(Fs7) and FZ(19mm)(F55) are both shallower than RF(20).

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast