Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    $1,000 Price Drop.....C500MKII coming soon?
    C200 price drop: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ef_camera.html
    C500mkii rumor: https://www.canonrumors.com/is-the-c...g-in-2019-cr1/

Thoughts? I would think Canon would want to distance them from the C500 stink and stay in the C300 success lane and do a C300MK3 instead....

Also, if they come out with an 8K camera that still sucks on slow motion options I might light a bag of poo on their porch.

2. Collapse Details
    C300 Mark II also dropped a bit - $1k less for the base kit w/the clamshell. $500 less for the kit with the touch screen & audio box.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...0_mark_ii.html

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...0_mark_ii.html

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Just a normal 2-year price drop. Someone told me a month ago this was coming...I guess a lot of people in sales know when price drops are going to happen or at least the season for them.

And the C500 II rumor has been swirling for years. IMO, it doesn't matter as much anymore what they call the next camera(s) as the world is different than it was back then. And supposedly the C300 Mark II also wasn't that successful, not like the first one.

4. Collapse Details
    I don't know which C300 or 500 is coming. No one even knows which S1H is coming. But we know enough. We do know that it will be a full frame 6K camera for about $4,000. And that blows out of the water the C-line on specs and price. So, C300 MK III would have to be something similar. And C500 would have to be a full frame 8K.

The real question is whether it will be EF or R.

5. Collapse Details
    R because you could use glass from both mounts.

And supposedly the high-end R lenses are superior.

6. Collapse Details
    The way they're cranking out R Lenses, it wouldn't surprise me if they just re-released the C300MKII and the C200 with native R Mounts and maybe like one incremental improvement and call it a day.

I still can't shake the lack of buzz that was at Canon's cinegear program, would be shocked if something new and interesting came out anytime soon from them.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by chris f View Post
    C200 price drop: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ef_camera.html
    C500mkii rumor: https://www.canonrumors.com/is-the-c...g-in-2019-cr1/

Thoughts? I would think Canon would want to distance them from the C500 stink and stay in the C300 success lane and do a C300MK3 instead....

Also, if they come out with an 8K camera that still sucks on slow motion options I might light a bag of poo on their porch.
    I spent some time in meetings at Canon Burbank pre-NAB and I agree with you Chris, I will be surprised, with all of the layoffs and facility closings, if Canon is planning on introducing anything new and meaningful anytime soon.

I really, really hope that they don't come out with an 8K camera. But they will probably have to because it's the next logical step in the camera marketing/PR "keeping up with the Joneses" evolution of pointlessness.
    I can say with confidence that unless motivated by a client delivery requirement, I will never buy an 8K, 12K or 16K camera or at least not until they are cheap and dime a dozen and a commodity item like 4K is
    these days. And storage has came down a lot more in price and GPUs and much faster computers make dealing with that pointless raster size bearable. Right now, my top of the line 2019 iMac can't even handle
    4K multicam without choking or going to proxy. 8K is just going to be worse, much more worse.

It's like our industry is walking at high speed into a brick wall that symbolizes technologies that nobody or very, very few customers need, want or really care about. VR, FF, 360 video, HDR, 3D, 8K/12K/16K video.
    With each passing intro of new pointless, expensive technology, I dig my feet in and just say, "enough." We need some Stasis in the business more than we need these incredibly small return, relatively pointless technologies.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    We only know one thing. They will befuddle and bewilder us with whatever they release.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    ... I really, really hope that they don't come out with an 8K camera.
    Canon's been playing with an experimental 8K camera for three years now. At some point, they'd have to release a 2020 version of it.

It's like our industry is walking at high speed into a brick wall that symbolizes technologies that nobody or very, very few customers need, want or really care about. VR, FF, 360 video, HDR, 3D, 8K/12K/16K video.
    The tech portion of the industry has run into the human eye/brain limit. It's been twenty years in coming - over thirty, if you count still photography - but the improvements at this point have very little to do with the image quality. All that's left then is the work flow and, once that's exhausted, price commodization.

PS. When you think about it in historical terms, this isn't a new phenomenon. Rail transportation reached its limits as a passenger service about 100 years ago. Air transport hasn't changed much since Boeing 707 went up in the air. Automobiles are at a level where a racing/supercar performance can be had for an average annual wage (in the US). At least, giant sea ships have become profitable floating buffets.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    Canon's been playing with an experimental 8K camera for three years now. At some point, they'd have to release a 2020 version of it.

The tech portion of the industry has run into the human eye/brain limit. It's been twenty years in coming - over thirty, if you count still photography - but the improvements at this point have very little to do with the image quality. All that's left then is the work flow and, once that's exhausted, price commodization.

PS. When you think about it in historical terms, this isn't a new phenomenon. Rail transportation reached its limits as a passenger service about 100 years ago. Air transport hasn't changed much since Boeing 707 went up in the air. Automobiles are at a level where a racing/supercar performance can be had for an average annual wage (in the US). At least, giant sea ships have become profitable floating buffets.
    Well... For domestic US flights, from a customer perspective it has. It's way worse, now. They're flying Greyhound buses with seats the are literally less comfortable than park benches. I don't understand how you can call something a "seat cushion", when it's anything but...

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast