Thread: GH6 rumors

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
  1. Collapse Details
    Sometimes big improvements do come from the processing engine and other functions besides the image sensor. From a DSLR line I use specifically for stills photography and it's amazing IQ, the Pentax K-1 mark II. Same exact sensor as the prior K1, but a new processing board. In fact, for prior owners of the K1, they had the option of paying for Pentax to replace their circuit board and have the K1 mark II as hardware upgrade.

If the GH6 uses the same sensor, but is able to have the dynamic range, noise reduction and performance enhancements to the same level or better that the K1 mark II had over the K1, I'd still be pretty pleased. A 300% improvment in ISO range with significant reduction in image noise. It was like a whole new sensor design but with new processing tech that better understood and processed the existing sensor.

So a new sensor would be great, but don't count out very large improvements by utilizing an existing sensor with better processing developments. Also, I don't intend to leave the platform for some time as I'm shooting vintage glass from the 50's and 60's, I'll just buy the glass at a nice discount whenever a large number jump to some other platform.

2. Collapse Details
    Well, Canon is pushing the spec war with R5. Even when one assumes it'll be roughly twice the price ($3,500 vs. ~ $,1800 of GH-5 original), a lot of folks will seek to cover the difference, especially if hey own Canon glass.

3. Collapse Details
    I'm starting to wonder if Canon won't go higher for the R5 and enter 1DC territory. 8K 10bit 422 + Canon = Expensive

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TSDavis View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if Canon won't go higher for the R5 and enter 1DC territory. 8K 10bit 422 + Canon = Expensive
    We'll find out soon enough. The rumors have it at $3,500 and it'd make little sense for Canon - or any camera manufacturer - to have two distinct models at the same price point. Even with two different mounts.

PS. 1DX MKIII was going to be the camera for the Olympics. Now, with nothing going on - no Olympics, no Euros, questionable return of the Champions League, no NBA, no NHL, no MLS, no baseball - their marketing priorities had to have been adjusted.

5. Collapse Details

6. Collapse Details

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011