1. Collapse Details
    camera stopped during time lapse
    My FS7 stopped recording during a time lapse recording (clouds in the sky) settings one frame per second. Temperature outside was high about 28 degrees celsius.

Viewfinder was black.

I had the camera in the house and after a while it worked again.

1 minute recording time left on one card and 22 on the other.

What can this be?

2. Collapse Details
    If the camera was in the direct sun it probably overheated even though the air temperature wasn't that high. I've had my iPhone shut down a couple of times while it was sitting in the sun.
    That's just my guess.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Publimix View Post
    Temperature outside was high about 28 degrees celsius.
    I would be surprised if 28 degrees caused the issue. We have filmed baseball all day with FS7s with B4s in our sometimes insane Aussie temps. Some days between 46 - 49 degrees Celsius, yes 46-49, in the blazing sun for hours with a hot wind blowing. The cameras being almost to hot to hold. That is very hot and and when you think Sony specify an operating temp range of 0 to +40 C its left us being more than impressed with how the FS7s handled the conditions. I know some guys have had problems with Lexar XQD cards in extreme heat but not seen that with the Sony XQDs... so far! The cameras stand up better than we do in those conditions, not fun shooting.

Chris Young

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cyvideo View Post
    I would be surprised if 28 degrees caused the issue. We have filmed baseball all day with FS7s with B4s in our sometimes insane Aussie temps. Some days between 46 - 49 degrees Celsius, yes 46-49, in the blazing sun for hours with a hot wind blowing. The cameras being almost to hot to hold. That is very hot and and when you think Sony specify an operating temp range of 0 to +40 C its left us being more than impressed with how the FS7s handled the conditions. I know some guys have had problems with Lexar XQD cards in extreme heat but not seen that with the Sony XQDs... so far! The cameras stand up better than we do in those conditions, not fun shooting.

Chris Young
    I agree, I’ve shot in temperatures so hot I got burns from handling the tripod, camera never missed a beat. Faulty battery would be my guess.
    New Website: www.liamhall.net
    TWITTER: @FilmLiam
    INSTAGRAM: @picsbyliam

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks,

Or the fan is stuck. I didn't hear the fan in the camera, fan is on auto-control, yes on auto... It is auto, or off, or off during filming. fter a while the camera worked again. Battery can be old too.

6. Collapse Details
    Update, seems that the battery is dead. But that makes it more mysterious, the camera was on ac power.

7. Collapse Details
    Being on time lapse to the camera might feel more like a continuous run and thus might get hotter than on and off shooting. Just a wild totally uninformed guess though (my specialty.)

"Update, seems that the battery is dead. But that makes it more mysterious, the camera was on ac power."

I assume you've thought that maybe the AC got disconnected for some reason and you were actually on battery power?