1. Collapse Details
    GROUP BUY - Litepanels Gemini 2X1 and 1X1
    Heads up I'm running another GB over at RU for anyone interested in the Gemini or some AB batteries!

https://tinyurl.com/y6kuska7

TW
    RED 8K EPIC-W HELIUM | SONY FS7 | CANON C100

Twitter @traviswears
    Instagram @traviswears

www.traviswears.com

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Jeez those are some AMAZING savings. I'm glad it's only limited to the US because I think I'd be too be tempted by the 1x1 kit.

Travis, do you get a Gemini for organizing the group buy?

3. Collapse Details
    If anyone out there ordered a pair of 1x1's like me and is looking for a good, inexpensive case for them, I found one.

I was originally just planning on using one of the PortaBrace bags that I've been using with one of my Astra sets(they list the measurements the same as the new bag they list specifically for the Gemini 1x1's), but decided I wanted a vertical load case with more protection, kind of like the LP branded case. I was on the verge of ordering the LP case, but wanted to look around at other options and luckily stumbled upon a pretty good one from Tenba. Now it's designed for and marketed for the SkyPanel S30, but it works great with the 1x1 Gemini's. I just removed the center "smooth" divider* and moved the "soft" divider to directly in the center and used the small divider that they designed to enclose the Arri ballast to one side of one of the panels and currently have the power cords in it, but as soon as the battery plates come in, I'll probably use it to keep the batteries separated from the panels. They fit perfectly front-to-back and top-to-bottom, with some space left side-to-side(plenty for power cords, etc.). The Tenba, at just over $190 is almost $100 less than the LP case.

https://www.tenba.com/en/products/tr...0-for-arri-s30

With 2 Gemini 1x1's inside
    Case.jpg

1538581015_1432555.jpg

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    My battery plates for my 1x1's finally came in yesterday while I was still out of town on a shoot. So, I finally got a chance to put them on after lunch today and there are two pretty big things that I don't think I've seen anyone mention, or maybe I just haven't been paying attention.

1) They have 'pass through' power, meaning that you can plug the AC power supply cable into the battery bracket and then plug the battery bracket into the Gemini. Finally no more having to plug/un-plug cables into/out of the panel depending on if you are using battery or mains power(makes for a much more streamlined/unified process of using the light).

2) It also acts in a UPS fashion. You can plug the light into AC power and put a battery on the bracket and if you pull AC power the light continues to run(off of battery power) and when AC power is restored, it automatically switches back.