Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by alohype View Post
    Another issue found in Macbook's (Air this time).
    Louis response (and explanation for anyone thinking that he makes money for NOT recommending newer MBP's)

Sorry but this is clickbait garbage. The most honest statement in the video is his acknowledgement near the beginning where states he isn’t a professional product reviewer.

I’ll see if I can paraphrase the video for those who don’t want to waste almost 8 minutes watching it.

Apple just released an advisory on the newest MacBook Air. Apple is willing to fix the issue for free. Rossman, isn’t sure what the issue is or how severe it is but the fact that it exists is evidence in his mind that you shouldn’t buy new Apple products.

Do you think we aren’t smart enough to realize that a small percentage of Apple laptops have issues? Do you think other manufacturers don’t have hardware issues? Someone with a seven year old PC laptop is likely to just throw it into the trash instead of sending it to NYC to get it repaired. Rossman is still making money repairing 2010 MacBook Pros.

Dude, I think everyone in this thread acknowledges that Apple current line of portable has issues. In fact part of the excitement for unverified 16” MacBook Pro it would appear to be a new design with a hopefully fixed keyboard. I personally want more RAM and additional ports along a few other enhancements while others have their own wishlists.

The fact that many of us want a new design doesn’t change the fact that there are tens of millions of very happy Apple laptops owners out that Rossman and others like him will never hear from. Many of these people think the 15.4” MacBook Pro and even the 13” models are too large and Apple is frantically working to give them what they want.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary T View Post

Do you think we aren’t smart enough to realize that a small percentage of Apple laptops have issues?
    "Small" because Apple said so? Sorry, no, it's not a small percentage. All of their laptops have major design flaws.

Do you think other manufacturers don’t have hardware issues?
    Of course, they do, but they do not have hardware design that goes against technical design practices.

Dude, I think everyone in this thread acknowledges that Apple current line of portable has issues.
    Well, it's seems no, not everyone, some people still believes in some fairytales that Apple tells them.
    As many people as possible should be informed of what they are buying into, what can break and why.

In fact part of the excitement for unverified 16” MacBook Pro it would appear to be a new design with a hopefully fixed keyboard. I personally want more RAM and additional ports along with a few other enhancements while others have their own wishlists.
    I'm on it, I hope Apple will finally release a machine without flaws so I can upgrade my 2014 model.
    Don't get me wrong, I love macOS I have no issues with paying a premium price but for a machine without flaws. If many people will pressure them they will finally do it.

The fact that many of us want a new design doesn’t change the fact that there are tens of millions of very happy Apple laptops owners out that Rossman and others like him will never hear from. Many of these people think the 15.4” MacBook Pro and even the 13” models are too large and Apple is frantically working to give them what they want.
    Don't even get me started...
    Those users that you're referring to are browser and Word users. Many power users will state otherwise.

Well, the nearest example is me. My 2014 MBP with GeForce GT 750M is a total GPU failure with non-working CUDA that crashes your system every 5 minutes. (that's why next model, 2015 release was with AMD GPU instead of GeForce. 2015 is currently probably the best bet)

In summary, I hope Apple will change their tactics and start to release maybe slightly thicker machine but solidly made without design flaws.
    The only way to force them to do it is to keep spreading information, banging at their doors and threatening to not buy half baked laptops from them.
    If everyone will behave like a sheep buying whatever they release denying reality they will keep doing what they're doing.
    Last edited by alohype; 07-02-2019 at 05:10 PM.
    FS7 & other

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by alohype View Post
    "Small" because Apple said so? Sorry, no, it's not a small percentage. All of their laptops have major design flaws.
    Meh. I’ve owned every iteration of the new gen MacBook Pro. Not a single one of them has had keyboard issues. In fact, I quite like the butterfly keyboard feel. Maybe I’m just super lucky and need to buy some lotto tickets...

Those users that you're referring to are browser and Word users. Many power users will state otherwise.
    I love my 2019 MacBook Pro and I’m pretty sure I’d be considered a “power user.” Probably more so than most here. Don’t be condescending.

Well, the nearest example is me. My 2014 MBP with GeForce GT 750M is a total GPU failure with non-working CUDA that crashes your system every 5 minutes. (that's why next model, 2015 release was with AMD GPU instead of GeForce. 2015 is currently probably the best bet)
    Yeah. Nvidia sold Apple a bunch of bum graphics cards... and Apple in response extended the warranty on those affected machines and dropped the vendor. Boy, what a pile of assholes they are amirite?

Are Apple’s machines perfect? No. They’ve made and will make mistakes. Just like every computer (and consumer electronics) maker in the world. Their designs also tend to be opinionated. That means they’ll sometimes not be for you personally... that doesn’t mean they’re bad. Just that they’re not for you.

I’m far from an Apple apologist. The $999 monitor stand is stupid and the Mac Pro base model is a terrible value. But they’re nowhere near the evil jerks some in this thread would make them out to be.

The bottom line is, if you value things Apple doesn’t provide, you should look elsewhere.

In summary, I hope Apple will change their tactics and start to release maybe slightly thicker machine but solidly made without design flaws.
    The only way to force them to do it is to keep spreading information, banging at their doors and threatening to not buy half baked laptops from them.
    If everyone will behave like a sheep buying whatever they release denying reality they will keep doing what they're doing.
    Do you even understand how condescending and insulting it is to call people who’re satisfied or even happy with Apple products “sheep”? It totally undermines any actual messaging you’re trying to convey and makes you look like a jerk.

Stop “threatening.” Just don’t buy their product. Switch to Windows or Linux or whatever. That is the best move for everyone involved. Apple is Apple... for better or worse. They’re unlikely to change their stripes at this point.

Also, every design has flaws. Some are more glaring than others and some only affect certain use cases. To think you can create a design without flaws shows a lack of understanding of industrial design, especially at the level Apple (and Dell and Microsoft and any other large consumer electronics maker) operates at. Compromises have to be made. Mistakes will be made. Especially when you’re pushing the envelope.
    Last edited by jbregar; 07-03-2019 at 07:17 AM.
    JERBCO, LLC
    jerbco.com

Web | Video | Aerial

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456